• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PDFing a Word doc which contains embedded pdfs

New Here ,
Dec 22, 2022 Dec 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All.  I have a Word document which contains some embedded pdfs. If I click on those pdfs the corresponding file opens. However, I'm now looking to pdf the full Word document. Unfortunately, when I do this, I can no longer access the embedded pdfs within the pdf. I've tried different settings in preferences when creating the pdf, but nothing I've done seems to maintain those embedded files. I have Adobe Acrobat Standard (2022.003.20282). Is anyone aware of how this can be done? Many thanks for your time...

TOPICS
Create PDFs , Edit and convert PDFs , General troubleshooting , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When a PDF is inserted/embedded into a Word document, Word creates a hyperlink back to the original PDF file that's stored somewhere on your computer, file server, or online storage area. It now acts like an ordinary static graphic in the Word.docx.

But that hyperlink is lost when the Word document is exported to PDF using either Adobe PDF Maker or the built-in Microsoft utility, File / Save As / PDF.

And that's what is expected. Other than opening the new PDF and creating a hyperlink on the now-figure/PDF, no, don't know any way around this.

|    Bevi Chagnon   |  Designer & Technologist for Accessible Documents
|    Classes & Books for Accessible InDesign, PDFs & MS Office |

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for replying so quickly, much appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Troy2767219100h3 

++ Adding to the discussion.

Please go through the similar discussion https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/embedding-pdf-files-documents-inside-a-adobe-acro... and see if that works for you.

Also, check the help page https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/links-attachments-pdfs.html

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines