Exit

PDFMAKER error in MSOFFICE

New Here ,
Feb 16, 2021 Feb 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Acrobat 2017 and MS Office 2019

Until today I was able to convert word files to pdf  simply by clicking file save as pdf.  Now, however, when I click that icon I receive this error message"Unable to find adobe pdf resource files. Acrobat PDFMaker You must have Administrator priveleges to install these files. Please contact your local system administrator."  Aside from mispelling "privileges" I cant seem to get it to work.  When I click the "Acrobat" ribbon and try to click any of the icons such as preferences, I get the same error message.  Please help.  I don't know why this stopped working (likely a problem with an update as usually happens with these things).

I am able to convert files using the pdf printer.

TOPICS
Create PDFs , Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2021 May 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I too am having that problem.  I am using Acrobat 2020 and MS Office 2019.  Did not have the problem prior to installing Acrobat 2020.  If I try to create a pdf from a Word or Excel file I get the message "an unexpected error occurred.  PDFMaker was unable to produce the Adobe PDF."

Two Adobe tech supports have tried to fix.  A supervisor was to call me three days ago.  The person setting up the call was given my home phone number (as we are not in office, but rather working from home.)  The supervisor called the office number and left message that he could not reach me.  Yesterday, again a call was set up and AGAIN I received no call.

Anyone know how to fix this problem OR know how to get Adobe to respond and help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines