Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PDFMaker no longer working in Excel 365

New Here ,
Sep 07, 2022 Sep 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I frequently use Excel to create PDFs for proposals to send to customers.  Previously to accomplish this I would navigate to the tab I wanted to convert to a PDF and click "Create PDF" button under the Acrobat tab.  Upon doing so I will get the folloing message:

Acrobat PDFMaker needs to save the file before continuing.  Do you wnat PDFMaker to save the file and continue?  (I always found this confusing given that I save all of my spreadsheets to One Drive with Auto save turned on, perhaps part of my problem?).

Formerly, I would click yes and the PDFMaker would then convert the tab I selected to a PDF.  Now after clicking yes I receive the following message:

"PDFMaker was unable to save the file.  Please save the file and run PDFMaker again."

I have tried saving/saving to different locations/updating/reinstalling/checking com add-ins, essentially all of the obvious items revealed in various Google searches that would then lead one here after none of those items solved the issue.  I have generated 100s if not 1000s of PDFs in this manner and it is only recently that this problem has manifested.  

I am on Windows 10 with active Adobe and Microsoft Office 365 subscriptions.

TOPICS
Create PDFs , Edit and convert PDFs , General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 08, 2022 Sep 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Maximus23 

We are sorry to hear that.  Please go through the help page https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/troubleshoot-acrobat-pdfmaker-problems-office.html and see if that works.

If it still doesn't work, please share a small video recording of the steps you are doing and the issue you are experiencing for a better understanding.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 12, 2022 Sep 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I had previously tried this article, none of the items worked.  The problem remains, I have attached a video of the actions as requested.  Please let me know if you need more information.  Formerly, I could create these PDFs by taking these steps, it is only recently that this issue arose.  It should also be noted that this PDFMaker feature still fucntions as it should it Word, it is only in Excel that I have began having this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 13, 2022 Sep 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Maximus23 

We are sorry to hear that. Please go through the correct answer marked in the similar discussion https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/pdfmaker-was-unable-to-produce-the-adobe-pdf/m-p/... and see if that works.

Also please go through the Microsoft discussion https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/all/error-acrobat-pdfmaker-needs-to-save-the-file... and check.

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines