• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pick choices not saved in Calculate Tab

New Here ,
Jan 24, 2018 Jan 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Acrobat DC and trying to modify a calculation originally entered in Acrobat XI in a text box. When I choose the new field I want to add, the list of fields in the sum calculation is not updated. I created a brand new for that just had three numeric fields (A, B and C) where I tried to create a calculation of C=A+B. When I picked A and B to be summed in C, the A and B fields were not saved. Is there an update switch or something that I need to set?

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 24, 2018 Jan 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are seeing what I think you are seeing, then this has been an issue with Acrobat for a long time.  Occasionally, if you quickly switch between fields with the properties box open, or quickly click on items in the properties box, calculations will disappear. Try doing it slowly, one thing at a time.

Thom Parker - Software Developer at PDFScripting
Use the Acrobat JavaScript Reference early and often

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2018 Jan 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thom,

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried opening a simple one page PDF, only opened the the properties on the field that needs a calculation, picked the two fields to be added (the boxes were checked), clicked OK and nothing shows up in the calculation window. I also tried  Simplified field notation and edited in"NumTot=Num1+Num2", but when I clicked OK nothing showed up in the window.

My calculation didn't disappear I just wasn't able to change NumTot=Num1+Num2 to NumTot=Num1+Num2+Num3. I was able to deselect all items in the pick list, but then I wasn't able to put anything in the list. I entered the original calculation a couple of years ago in Acrobat XI and everything worked correctly. I went back to Acrobat XI to make my updates there but it even check the field boxes when I try to select them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the simplified notation use only "Num1+Num2".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried that and it looked great in the editing window but when I clicked OK the Calculate page showed the radio button for the Simplified field notation turned off and the Value is not calculated radio button turned on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Repair your Acrobat installation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Bernd. I did the Repair and Checked for updates, then closed Acrobat, then re-opened Acrobat and tried to enter my calculation and still the Pick choices are not saved. I created the attached form from scratch to try and eliminate as many variables as possible, but I still cannot get a calculation to “stick” in NumTot. If you can make Num1+Num2 work than I have a problem with my Adobe and it needs to be replaced. Please let me know it you can get a calculation to work or more importantly if I am just overlooking something.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This forum doesn't accept attachments. Use Tools > Send & Track and share the link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 10, 2022 Jun 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

craigg65158854 what ever happened with this? I am having the same problem where my selections for calculation don't stick.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 10, 2022 Jun 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's your version of Acrobat?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2022 Jun 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is Adobe Acrobat Pro DC version 2022.001.20117.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 20, 2022 Jun 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share the file in question?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2022 Jun 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I've attached it. So these two pages add up assets for a grand total, then liabilities for a grand total, and then, at the bottom of page 20 it subtracts liabilities from assets to get net assets. The "Yourself" column is working, but the "Spouse" and "Joint or Community" columns don't count most of the cells on p. 19. What I'm learning is each day (or computer reboot?) I can add a few more cells but after that nothing sticks. I appreciate your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 21, 2022 Jun 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your field names are the issue. Imagine you select "1+2". How is the tool to know if you mean the fields with those names, or the actual numbers? You need to rename your fields so they have a more meaningful name (preferably not one starting with a number), or use a script to do it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2022 Jun 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That did the trick. That you so much for saving me when I was completely stumped!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines