Pixelation when touched by mouse

Community Beginner ,
Sep 18, 2022 Sep 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why do my pdfs become pixelated when I touch it with mouse in acrobat pro on mac but same pdf is OK in Reader.

If the pdf was created from a Word document there is no problem.

If created from an image and then converted to pdf and OCR performed, the areas where there is blank space are susceptable but not areas of text.

TOPICS
Create PDFs , Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 19, 2022 Sep 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Compression settings for images converted to PDF can be found in the Preferences of Acrobat Pro:

Capture_901.png

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 19, 2022 Sep 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your help. I have for a few hours been trying to replicate your screenshot which I cannot do. However I have gotten close as you can see. As well as that I have been experienting ways of creating my pdfs. At the moment they are mostly downloaded jpg files and screenshots which I edit and clean up in Adobe Elements and save as Photoshop pdf. I combine these documents in Acrobat Pro recognise text and save with no compression. It is these pdfs that are causing me concern. Should I be doing this in a different way?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 20, 2022 Sep 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Not applicable" means that Acrobat always leave JPEGs and JPEG2000s untouched when converted to PDF.

Can you share (part of) this PDF?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 20, 2022 Sep 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry but not clear where "Not applicable" comes from. 
By leaving the JPEGs untouched, does that mean they shouldn't have headers and footers added once the various pdf pages are combined?
I am able to share  by email direct from the pdf. But I am happy to post to this discussion.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 21, 2022 Sep 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Not applicable" is on your capture, it means that Acrobat will not recompress JPEGs images.

It has nothing to do with headers and/or footers.

Capture_920.png

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 22, 2022 Sep 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, I now know where the Adobe Acrobat Pro compression settings are. But I still don't know why my pdfs that are created from scanned images pixelate when touched by the cursor but don't when opened by reader.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share (part of) this document?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you mean just any document that displays these characteristics I attched one to my 22 Sep message but happy to add another.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This will happen if you are in the EDIT tool. Not if you are in the default tool. There is no Edit tool in Reader.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for the clarification. Because my Reader opens with what looks like the standard Acrobat Pro tools I assumed they were usable. However on trying them I am directed to a seven day trial which must be Acrobat. Now I will have to find out how to hide those tools in Reader. Once again Thank you.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines