• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Please help...I really need it

New Here ,
Jun 24, 2022 Jun 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm learning Adobe PDF DC Pro.  It has been a slow and somewhat painful process but improving.

I'm trying to digitize documents into Fillable PDF forms.  This has been going well.  Thus far, I've been able to create Check Boxes, Radio Buttons, etc.

The original document was not smartly designed but is absolutely sufficient.  By this, when I add a two-button radio button array horizontally, I just need to add the word "No" and "Yes" to some sections.  Easy, right?

So I switch to Edit mode.  I create a text box with the word "No".  Center it.  Resize it appropriately.  Use the Shift + cursor keys to move it to where it needs to be and then pray just the cursor keys can fine-tune it to where it needs to be because good look grabbing THAT small box with the mouse to use it (even when zoomed in).  What is the key combo to move a selected box in SMALLER increments than just the cursor keys anyway? 

Anyway, I format this simple text box perfectly.  I know I need many more "No" boxes that will be the exact same.  And some Yes boxes.  I think I'll create the adjacent "Yes" box first and make sure the formatting is the same.  Then try to copy-paste the PAIR of them like you can do Radio Buttons (although you have to manually change the group name of the radio button groups later).  Should be more efficient, right?

Then I want to do the SIMPLEST THING EVER.  And I mean EVER.  I want to highlight the "No" text box, hit ctrl+c, and then put the cursor where I want it to paste with ctrl + v (don't get me started on this as I REALIZE Adobe PDF DC Pro just seems to randomly drop the pasted boxes wherever it wants to instead of the location of your cursor, learned when dealing with radio buttons).

To reiterate...SIMPLEST THING EVER.  Be in edit mode.  Highlight the text box.  Hit control+C.  Then hit Ctrl+V.  Move the box. Edit if needed.  DONE.  Except...

Problem?  ADOBE PDF PRO WILL NOT FOR THE LIFE OF ME DO ANYTHING WHEN I HIT CTRL+C and then CTRL+V.

I'm really sorry for the caps.   But I'm just completely at my wit's end.  I'm right in the middle of my work day and this silly and ostensibly easy process has had me frustrated for well over 30 minutes.

Please help.  I need it.  Thanks in advance.

TOPICS
How to , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 24, 2022 Jun 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're going down a tried and tested path to pain and frustration. Make the form "background" in Word or whatever, don't try to do that in Acrobat. There is a trick using REPLACE PAGES to change the background in a form when you make changes but don't want to remake the form fields and scripts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines