• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Plug-in problems with settings/preferences after update :(

Explorer ,
Jan 20, 2023 Jan 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I noticed that Acrobat updated the other day. Since then, all the settings in a plug-in we use across the company (Quite Imposing 3.0) have disappeared! the setting files are still where they should be but they don't appear in Acrobat or in the control panel for the plugin.. If we begin to recreate them, they all disappear again once Acrobat is restarted.

This plug-in is full of time-saving shortcuts for workflows and I really need it to work again. I'm not to btohered if we have to start again but they need to stay in the program.

Any help at all would be appreciated

TOPICS
Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi AdmiralLabels,

Thank you for reaching out.

Would you mind sharing more information on what happens? Share the workflow you used to use.

It would be helpful if you could share the screen recording of what happens when you try to add setting files.

Share the Acrobat and OS versions in use.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks for your response.

it doesn't visually do anything. We have compiled all the setting over a few years, after an update the other day, they are no longer there, it's as if we've just reinstalled the plugin.

you can change the settings again, even something as simple as save a new paper size, once Acrobat closes, it's like brand new again when it restarts. 

I can see where the old settings files are but I don't know how to get the plug-in to look for them. If I have to start from scratch, I can but I need it to hold its data.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2024 Mar 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're having the same issue with the new update.. Were you able to get it figured out?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 20, 2024 Mar 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not really. It seems that QI 3.0 is no longer compatible with the newest version of Acrobat (Adobe clearly stole some of Microsoft's infuriating software engineers!) 

The only way i could get it to operate as I needed was to upgrade to the latest version of QI (5.1 I think it is) - it's a hefty £700+ though 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines