• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pop up boxes after signing a PDF

New Here ,
Jun 29, 2022 Jun 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I think I may know the answer to this question, but I'll ask away.  I have a from set up with multiple text fields.  These fields are multi line and scrollable.  I've set up the following script in the Validate tab so a pop up box shows the scrolled text in the field:  "event.target.userName = event.value;".

Once someone signs the document, the pop up box no longer appears.  Does that script become nullified upon signature?  Is there any way to have the pop up boxes continue to show once a document is signed?  Thanks for your help!

TOPICS
Create PDFs , Edit and convert PDFs , JavaScript , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 30, 2022 Jun 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once the document is signed, you can no longer edit the form fields, and therefore the validate script will no longer run. You will need to find a different way to to trigger the display of the full text. This can be done e.g. with a button. That would still work after the documents is signed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2022 Jun 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you.  I have an idea in mind of what I would like to see happen but not sure if it's possible in Acrobat.  Can you point me to some sources on programming buttons to show full text in fields?  Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines