Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

populate Designer form

New Here ,
Apr 21, 2022 Apr 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All

I'm looking to auto populate certain fields in a form that was created with Designer 6.4 and using C#. Things like name, DOB etc and then the user will fill out the other fields and save. Would the Adobe DC Pro version enable me to do this? I have tried other PDF plugins with C# and while they can update the fields it then no longer can be updated by the users as it loses the original Adobe certificate I imagine. Note also the users only have Adobe Reader so presumably if the full version works then they would also need that version for the various dll's?

Cheers Peter

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , How to , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 21, 2022 Apr 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can use Acrobat to fill in such a form, but not edit it. Doing so should not affect the right to fill it in Reader, if it was applied to it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2022 Apr 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi. Thank you for the reply. Unfortunately from what I've seen using the Acrobat Reader, it doesn't have the API's that would enable that from C#, at least I haven't seen any examples or been able to get it to work. Using other products does allow me to fill in the form and save it, but if the user then opens that saved copy they can no longer fill in any fields I beleive becase it has no longer been signed with the Adobe certificate. I might look at trialling Adobe Reader Pro which I beleive would allow me to accomplish this but wasn't sure.

Cheers Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines