• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Populating multiple pdf forms from Excel data

Explorer ,
Jan 07, 2019 Jan 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an Excel spreadsheet listing various projects. Each project has a Project #, a Title, Cost, etc. which are listed under column headings.

I have an Acrobat form that we would like to populate with information from the spreadsheet; one form per project. The top section of the form will have this information, the rest of the form needs to remain editable.

I have made the fields in the form match the column headings in the Excel file.

So how can I get the information for each project into a corresponding form?

I have tried saving the .xlsx as a Tab Delimited Text file, as demonstrated here, but it didn't work, and will only import one file at a time if it did work.

I need to be able to take this Excel sheet listing (for example) 100 projects and generate 100 individual pdf forms that have the information I need (Project #, Project Title, Cost, etc.)

Is this even possible?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This process is called a Mail Merge. You can do it using some versions of the PDF Maker plugin in Excel, or it can be done using a script, like this (paid-for) tool I've developed: Custom-made Adobe Scripts: Acrobat -- Mail Merge and Email PDF Files

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thank you!

I'm going to try your demo, once I can get the admins to help me install the javascript.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines