• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Prefilght window will not open

New Here ,
Nov 29, 2022 Nov 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just installed Adobe CC on a new windows 11 PC.   When I try to open the preflight panel from Acrobat DC the preflight window is greyed out with the message "Please wait while Preflight is loading profiles",  then a dialog box appears saying: "Unable to copy the user specific preferences" (See attached screen shot)  After that acrobat is unresponsive and I must kill it through the task manager.

I have tried removing the preference folder under appdata/roaming that I have seen in some other postings.  I have also tried reinstalling Acrobat.   Neither resolved the problem.   Does anyone have a recommendation?

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , General troubleshooting , Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Dec 20, 2022 Dec 20, 2022

With the help of an Adobe technical support agent we have fixed the problem.   Under Preferences-> Security(Enhanced)  he unchecked "Enable Protected Mode at startup" and he unchecked "Enable Enhanced Security".   These two changes seemed to be the key.    At this point the preflight panel quit locking up and he then used the "Options" menu under preflight to import the default preflight profiles from the adobe directories under program files.   

It has resolved my problem and thankyou to the Ad

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 01, 2022 Dec 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I don't have a recommendation as I have the exact same problem on both of my PCs and none of the suggested solutions has worked for me either. I also run Adobe Acrobat Pro on windows 11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2022 Dec 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issues past few weeks, really frustrating and hindering my workflow. At least it works on Mac for me so i check my files there.

Please fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2022 Dec 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With the help of an Adobe technical support agent we have fixed the problem.   Under Preferences-> Security(Enhanced)  he unchecked "Enable Protected Mode at startup" and he unchecked "Enable Enhanced Security".   These two changes seemed to be the key.    At this point the preflight panel quit locking up and he then used the "Options" menu under preflight to import the default preflight profiles from the adobe directories under program files.   

It has resolved my problem and thankyou to the Adobe support folks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 21, 2022 Dec 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for sharing this solution here! It has fixed the problem on my PCs, too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2023 Jan 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much, I've spent hours trying to fix this.

Why would Adobe not fix something like this!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 16, 2023 Jan 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for this, finally fixed it! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 16, 2023 Jan 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi everyone,

Glad to hear that the workaround has helped. 

And sorry to hear about your experience. This issue has already been escalated to the engineering team and reported as a Bug. Our team is currently working on it, and a fixed version will be released soon. 

As soon as we hear from the team, we will keep you posted. 

Thanks,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines