• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Preflight panel won't open

Community Beginner ,
Aug 26, 2021 Aug 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've repaired Adobe Acrobat Pro DC. I then uninstalled and reinstalled but the prelifght panel won't open. All the other panels in the Print Production tool do open, but not preflight. You can see that it looks like it's activated, but that's it (see image). Hopeing someone can help. Thanks.

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , General troubleshooting , Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Aug 27, 2021 Aug 27, 2021

Hi Melinda

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble. As described the preflight panel wont open and you have tried repairing and removing and reinstalling the application with no luck.

Would you mind sharing the version of the application you are using? To check the version go to Help > About Acrobat and make sure you have the latest version installed go to Help > Check for updates and reboot the computer once.

Please try to reset the Acrobat preferences as described in the help p

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Apr 19, 2022 Apr 19, 2022

Wondering if there's been an update with this issue from anyone else.

I was running into the same problem just today. I had a different installation which had this problem and which I didn't want to renew, I figured I might as well switch over to my school's enterprise account. I followed their instructions, and I ended up downloading version 2022.001.20117 via Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop as part of the enterprise account provided by my school. I noticed the issue persisted in this version as w

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 27, 2021 Aug 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Melinda

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble. As described the preflight panel wont open and you have tried repairing and removing and reinstalling the application with no luck.

Would you mind sharing the version of the application you are using? To check the version go to Help > About Acrobat and make sure you have the latest version installed go to Help > Check for updates and reboot the computer once.

Please try to reset the Acrobat preferences as described in the help page https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat/how-to-reset-acrobat-preference-settings-to-default/td-p/4792... and see if that works for you.

Also, please try to create a new test user profile with full admin rights in Windows or enable the root account in Mac and try using the application there and check.

If it still doesn't work, please remove the application using the Acrobat cleaner tool -https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/Labs/cleaner.html  reboot the computer and reinstall the application using the link - https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/acrobat-dc-downloads.html

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 29, 2021 Aug 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Amal

Version is 2021.0005.20060

I did the preferences, no luck.

I can't test a new user profile. I think it's my machine, I tried it on another and it works.

I will need to contact our IT department. Do you have any further suggestions for them?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 30, 2021 Aug 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

As mentioned its working on a different machine and not yours. Also as its a work machine managed by IT, please get in touch with the IT team at your end and see if that helps.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 27, 2021 Aug 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the Preflight window is a floating one, and not docked to the application window, is it possible that it is open, but on another monitor - maybe behind another app?

preflight.png

My best,

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Dave, but sadly this is not the case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worth a look - I've lost dialog boxes behind windows for years!

Good luck.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2022 Apr 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wondering if there's been an update with this issue from anyone else.

I was running into the same problem just today. I had a different installation which had this problem and which I didn't want to renew, I figured I might as well switch over to my school's enterprise account. I followed their instructions, and I ended up downloading version 2022.001.20117 via Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop as part of the enterprise account provided by my school. I noticed the issue persisted in this version as well, and came to googling for this issue and stumbled across this thread.

I went into the article mentioned by AmaL, https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/how-to-reset-acrobat-preference-settings-to-defau... , and not only did I delete the folder in Roaming, but I went back to C:\Users\[username]\AppData\ and also went into the Local and LocalLow folders, which both should have an Adobe folder containing a child "Acrobat" folder (probably more user preference and cache files stored there). After deleting all three associated Acrobat folders (in Local, LocalLow, and Roaming), I re-opened Acrobat DC and Preflight was working.

Not going to question the specifics or even what specific file/folder was causing the error, but all I know is deleting those preference/cache folders in my AppData folder worked for me.

Let me know if this is helpful to anyone who happens to stumble across this same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 02, 2022 May 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I noticed the same issue today, on a perpetual license of Acrobat 10 Pro.  I deleted the following folder and Acrobat started working correctly again:

C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Acrobat\Preflight Acrobat 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2023 Apr 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too have had this issue appear today, so it must logically be related to a recent update?   

Reset preferences, removed folder, still no preflight dialog box.  Was working fine earlier this week.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 25, 2023 Apr 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @angelat18149002 

What happens when you try to open the preflight tool, is it not opening at all? or is it opening blank? A small video recording of the steps and the issue would be very helpful.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 30, 2023 May 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When one clicks on the "preflight" tool, nothing happens at all.  If I get some time I will try to get a video.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 31, 2023 May 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

This issue is reported to our engineering team and is being worked upon.

We will share the information as soon as we get any update.

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 13, 2023 Jun 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I'm having this issue too. Here is a video of what happens. You will see that I can open other Print Production tools.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 20, 2023 Jun 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Amal. Please see the video I attached. Has the engineering team found a solution yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 23, 2023 Jun 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi hilary2287,

Thank you for reaching out.

The team is looking into this issue, which may take some time. We will update you once the fix patch is available.

We appreciate your patience.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines