• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Prevent Measure tool from opening old measurements?

New Here ,
May 28, 2022 May 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use measurement tool quite a lot, and I often need to start multiple measurements from a single point, intersection, corner, etc. However, when I move the measurement cursor close to the fore-mentioned features to snap to them, the measurement tool changes to the selection cursor and selects the previously made measurement. I know that this is the default and correct behavior, but is there a way to prevent it? I would like to have all measurements made in the office on the document because I need to use them to locate the actual locations in the field. I don't like to make the measurements at the time in the field.

I appreciate any help you can provide.

Petri

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the last sentence, I meant to say that I know that I can delete the previous measurements, but I really would like to have them all in the document prepped at the office because making measurements one at a time in the field is a hassle.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand how frustrating this is. Can you suggest an improvement at Share your feedback on Acrobat DC (uservoice.com)

Maybe to add as many measurements as you want, list them like comments behave, maybe export the list....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It might make sense to put measurements on separate layers, where they could be turned on and off as needed. I don't know if this is possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines