• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Prevent signatures from being shared across multiple computers activated by the same account

New Here ,
May 17, 2021 May 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have a number of computers at our company that have Acrobat installed. Since it's all purchased through the company, each install was registered to / actived by a single admin email address. The problem we are having is that because they are all tied to that single account, signatures are shared across all devices.

For example: John Doe uses fill and sign to sign a PDF on his computer. Jane Doe goes to fill and sign a PDF on her computer which was activated with the same email and John Doe's signature is there and not the one she had previously used.

The only way to make it work right now is to remove and create a new signature every time which isn't ideal. Is there a way to prevent this behavior and have each computer locally manage its own signature?

Thanks!

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 18, 2021 May 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use a digital signature profile and signature fields, instead of Fill & Sign. They are saved locally, backed by a password and can be validated against a public key, unlike the Fill & Sign signatures.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2021 May 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the info!

For whatever reason, the users prefer placing their signatures with Fill & Sign. Can digital signatures be configured to come close to displaying that way (even if it's not exactly the same)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 19, 2021 May 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know what "that way" means, but the visual appearance of a digital signature is meaningless.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree 100% It is VITAL that your users are trained to regard digital signature appearances as irrelevant, and trained exactly how to use the signature panel. Otherwise, they will rely on the appearances, and can be scammed/tricked into accepting as signed a document that is not signed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok, I hear you. I'll focus on getting them to use Digital Signatures as opposed to the Fill & Sign method.

Out of curiosity though, is there a way to get the placed signature to not share across all devices activated with the same email? I'd still like to know for myself even if we're going a different direction.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines