• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Print File Name with pdf Document

New Here ,
Aug 30, 2006 Aug 30, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In order to have an audit trail / track a document, I want to print the file name as a header or footer when printing the documents. How can this be done?
TOPICS
Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 161 Replies 161
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2008 Oct 12, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First of all, thanks to everyone who contributed to the solution presented in the thread (particularly Reinhard Franke). But I was curious if there was anyway to use this script to batch process files in a given directory? Or... can someone point me in the proper direction to help me employ this type of functionality?
Thanks, Paul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 13, 2008 Oct 13, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can use the function SetFooter in a batch sequence.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 13, 2008 Oct 13, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

addWatermarkFromText will also do the trick.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 14, 2008 Oct 14, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to put some script to fetch the header.I will try to find one script for you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 21, 2008 Oct 21, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can anyone tell me which line in this javascript is the one that positions the text?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 22, 2008 Oct 22, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In all lines with .addField in [....].

HTH, Reinhard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 22, 2008 Oct 22, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The addField uses points to position the field on the page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2008 Oct 24, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will this script run in version 9 for the Mac? i've depended on this script in version 8 for Windows, but I've just moved to the Mac and can't get it to run. Where should the .js file be located in a Mac so that it's available to all uses of the computer?

Many thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your assistance. I was wondering if there was anyway to update this script so that it would make a header instead of a footer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RHarris - Boy oh boy, you are really giving Reinhard a run for his money.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2008 Nov 14, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been trying to find information for this and it seems like a tough one. I have 4000 pdf's that need to be printed with the filename in the header or footer.

I have tried using a script Reinhold posted a couple of years back and it works quite well, but only one file at a time. Can anyone help me on this?

Thanks! Will

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 15, 2008 Nov 15, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can use the functions in a batch sequence.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2008 Nov 19, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If this forum is still active, I am looking for help. I've tried all the above scripts and none of them modify the menue in Acrobat Standard 8.

I've saved them with a .js extension in the javascript folder for AS8.

Any help would be appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mmmh,

if you have copied the download version (Post #13) into the correct folder (...\javascript} you should at least:
- get an error message or
- see at least the menuitems "Set/Remove Footer" under the main menuitem "File".

Some other who have used it under AS8?
My version is still AA5.

Best regards, Reinhard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It works with Acrobat 8.1.1 Professional on Windows XP.

After you save this script in the appropriate folder, you need to exit and restart Acrobat for it to take affect. And you should then see the new option under the 'File' menu option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reinhard's script DID work in Acrobat 8 Standard.

My post the other day has been resolved! I used Acrobat 9 Pro and did a batch process. I added a step in a new batch using "Add Printer Marks" and selected the "Page Information" box.

I kept looking for this option but it seems it is only available in the Professional version, NOT the Standard version!!

Thank You all for your help! Will

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Batch processing is only available in the Professional or Extended veriations.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you all for the replies and what has been a tremendous effort on this thread.

I have tried each of the scripts several times, each time exiting the program and relaunching. Still no change in the menu selections. I assume it's not any kind of administrative permissions issue?

I've checked the preferences and 'enable javascript' is selected. The files have been saved with the .js extension and their icon indicates that they are scripts.

I am running v. 8.1.3. any other thoughts? Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where did you save the script?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 20, 2008 Nov 20, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know where we could change the COLOR of all the text and specific words? I want to add a FINAL PRINT COPY, instead of the word Page. Also, we want the text to be GREEN instead of default black.

KPANTHEN, Albany, NY

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> Does anyone know where we could change the COLOR of all the text and specific words?

Change the original document and create a new PDF document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bernd,

I didn't mean the actual copy of the PDF file, I was referring to the JavaScript Header/Footer output.

I would be very helpful if we could modify the word "Page" when referring to the Page #/#. We would want the words "FINAL PRINT COPY" #/#. Also the date could be in GREEN also.

KPanthen, New York

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can change the text in the JavaScript code. You can change also the color of the form fields. Details in the Acrobat JavaScript Reference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been looking and really can't decifer where it should go. Can anyone help in the actual placement of the coding?

KPanthen, New York

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are using version 6 or above, try the following script in the JavaScript Debugging console or add to a form button action:

var sJSFolder = "JavaScript folders for " + app.viewerType + " are:";
try {
sJSFolder += "\nApplicaiton JavaScript folder; " + app.getPath("app","javascript");
sJSFolder += "\nUser JavaScirpt folder; " + app.getPath("user","javascript");
} catch(e) {
sJSFolder += "User has not defined any application JavaScripts";
}
console.show();
console.println(sJSFolder);

You can then chose where to put the script.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines