Print in Duplex mode from MS Access VBA

New Here ,
Jun 23, 2022 Jun 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From reading the docs in the SDK and searching the web communities, I have successfully coded routines in MS Access vba to fill a fillable pdf (even with check boxes), save the file, re-open the file for display and print only select pages.  The one thing I cannot find anywhere is a way to tell the pdf to print in duplex mode.  I have a client with various 2 page fillable pdfs.  The client does not want to have the pdf opened and use the Adobe software functionality to control the printing.  The client wants the files to print silently, but to print in duplex mode to cut paper usage in half.  All user are licensed for Adobe Pro/DC.  Does anyone know how to accomplish this?

TOPICS
How to , PDF forms , Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 05, 2022 Jul 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

From the VBA you should be able to get a JSObject, which in turn would let you use the printparams object, which allows for the setting of duplex - documentation on JavaScript here -https://opensource.adobe.com/dc-acrobat-sdk-docs/acrobatsdk/pdfs/acrobatsdk_jsapiref.pdf

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines