• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Print Issues from AutoCAD to PDF

New Here ,
Jul 07, 2022 Jul 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I print a PDF from AutoCAD, Acrobat is taking all the text in the file and adding it as comments labled "AutoCAD SHX Text". For small documents the comments do not impact performance, as there might be only a few per page. But for larger documents there can be tens of thousands of comments, which negatively impacts processor performance. This problem does not occur when using other non-Adobe PDF readers, such as PDF X-Change Editor. An example one-page file is attached.

Any help in resolving this issue would be appreicated. Thanks.

My computer runs Windows 10 Enterprise, Version 10.0.19043, x64-based PC, with Intel i706820HQ CPU @ 2.70GHz. I am running Acrobat Pro DC Version 2022.001.20142.

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 08, 2022 Jul 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's not Acrobat adding this, but Autocad. https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Drawin...

However, I have no idea, why this causes a problem with Acrobat and not with other readers.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines