• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Print page size problems - offset margins, blanks or errors (32bit Acrobat Pro on 64bit system)

Explorer ,
Jul 14, 2022 Jul 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've installed the 32bit version on my 64bit Windows 10 Pro PC due to plug in compatibility and now it is playing havoc with page placement when printing. I though it was my RIP ppd but it is happening with a Samsung office laser printer too (e.g. A5 multitray offset by 2.5cm instead of centered). Other programs are not affected.  All the previews look fine, but the printed result can appear to have large offset margins so some image is cropped off, or I get "page won't print" messages then get a blank page. A2 pages won't print to A2 using the drop down paper size list but do print if I choose a custom page size and use the same A2 dimensions. I can see other people have had similar issues with Acrobat in the past and it seems to be related to margins/page size. I'm a bit flummoxed.

TOPICS
Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 12, 2023 Apr 12, 2023

Hi there

Hope you are doing well.

The new version of Adobe Acrobat (23.01.20143), addressing this issue is now available. Please update the application from the Help menu > Check for updates and reboot the computer once.

You may also download the patch manually from the link https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/ReleaseNotesDC/index.html

Let us know how it goes.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 14, 2022 Jul 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Hope you are doing well and sorry to hear that.

Would you mind sharing the version of the Acrobat DC you are using? To check the version go to Help > About Acrobat and make sure you have the recent version 22.1.20169 installed. Go to Help > Check for updates and reboot the computer once.

Also, try to repair the installation from the help menu and reboot the computer, and check.

Please check for any missing/pending updates for the printer driver and firmware and try updating it. You may also try to remove the printer driver, reboot the computer and reinstall the drivers from the manufacturers web site and see if that works.

Also, go through the help page https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/troubleshoot-pdf-printing-acrobat-reader.html

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 19, 2022 Jul 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Amal, I have updated Acrobat to the latest version restarted, reinstalled the drivers etc but still get the same results. I can get by with the samsung printing labels offset but my main print queues are all TCP/IP ports for our RIP so there is only one ppd to use. They work with all other software including CorelDRAW and Adobe InDesign even when choosing defined by driver for the paper size.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 21, 2022 Jul 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

We are sorry to hear that.

Would you mind sharing the make and model of the printer and the version of the printer driver and firmware?

Also, please share a small video recording of the issue you are experiencing and the PDF file in question so that we can try to check it at our end.

Also collect the Adobe CC logs https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html  and procmon logs https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/Labs/acromonitor.html  and share them via the document cloud link as described here https://helpx.adobe.com/document-cloud/help/sharing-pdfs.html for further investigation of the issue.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 04, 2022 Aug 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amal, I not sure the best way to do this. I'm working remotely so can't do a video and not really sure it'll be of much use. I can screen grab the Acrobat error. I downloaded the process monitor and  have it running but not really sure how to use it. The log file only seems to log the third party plug in events which have nothing to do with this issue. The ppd is for a Xitron imagesetter, it is more of a dummy ppd that gives me the max page size and various other settings that let me send to our imagesetter. The print queue then sends the files to an XP machine running RIP software, not to a physical printer. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 17, 2022 Aug 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello again, I am still puzzled why Acrobat can't print and A5 label at A5 size to a Samsung printer MP tray set to A5 without shrinking it, nor an A2 page to an A2 page size in my RIP without telling me the document could not be printed, then printing a blank page. Same A2 prints to a custom page size set to the same A2 dimensions.

I have managed to make a log file ; AdobeLogs_20220817_025300_431-win-GS.zxp

Struggling a bit with the ProcMon, so will keep trying

I've attached 2 PDFs for your use, although these are just demos, the same thing happens to any PDF, not just these

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 18, 2022 Aug 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Thanks for sharing the logs. This issue is reported to our engineering team and they are working on it for the fix.

We will share the update as soon as we get any news from them.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 16, 2022 Sep 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Amal

Has there been any progress on this? Do you need any more infomation?

Regards

Claire

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 03, 2022 Aug 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having a similar problem, but with the 64-bit version. I have templates in FrameMaker that are set to be compatible with either US Letter of A4 formats. Our standard procedure has been to select A4 paper in the Adobe PDF printer, and then pdfs generate in A4 without issue. Within the last coupel of months, this has stopped working. Now, when we select A4 paper, it will narrow the width, but the height stays 11" no matter what, even though every single paper size is set to A4 from the printer properties down through print setup in Frame. 

The only way I can print to pdf and get A4 is if I uncheck the "generate acrobat data" option, but then I get the correct size pdf but now without bookmarks, links, etc. What changed? How can I get A4 pages and ALSO my pdf data?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 04, 2022 Aug 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Would you mind sharing the log files as asked earlier so that we can isolate the issue for the fix?

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 30, 2022 Aug 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using FrameMaker, and don't have Creative Cloud logs. Where should I look for FrameMaker logs?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 30, 2022 Aug 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried going to the link to share the ProcMon file, but our corporate firewall blocks it. Are you able to message me an email address to send it to?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 31, 2022 Aug 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @sharonh19759294 

You may share the link to the logs file via private message. Click on the envelope icon in the top right corner of the page to start the private message.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 12, 2023 Apr 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Hope you are doing well.

The new version of Adobe Acrobat (23.01.20143), addressing this issue is now available. Please update the application from the Help menu > Check for updates and reboot the computer once.

You may also download the patch manually from the link https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/ReleaseNotesDC/index.html

Let us know how it goes.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 18, 2023 Apr 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Amal

This is the update I've been waiting a long time for! I can now choose my printer page size from the list and it prints the content rather than a blank page. I haven't tried it with every page size yet but the two most common ones work, so a worthwhile update

Regards

Claire

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 27, 2023 Apr 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a follow up, and not directly connected to the printing issue which apprears solved, version 23.01.20143 regularly locks up with high power usage and the messaage The program Acrobat.exe version 23.1.20143.0 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. in the event log. I hope this has a fix soon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 30, 2023 May 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Please update the application to the recent version 23.01.2017x go to Help > Check for updates and reboot the computer once and see if that works.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines