• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Print to PDF - Semi transparent hatching showing as dots

New Here ,
Apr 02, 2024 Apr 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When using adobe print to pdf from archicad, the exported file creates dot hatching, rather then a semitransparent hatch which should be a flat colour, refer images below.

I want to highlight that this is not to due with 'print as image', as this is a problem to the actual export of the file, pre-printing (actual pdf).

I searched our program forums, and the common answer is that its due to the way that the print to pdf compresses the transparent data. my question then is, is there a way to change the compression system / fix this problem. 

Using Print to PDF (Incorrect hatch display).pngUsing Save as (Correct hatch display).png

Cheers for any help guys, much appreciated. 

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 03, 2024 Apr 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can you describe how you drew the transparent rectangle? especially the filling.

I wonder if it was filled with a different 'ink' it would not be processed as dots like with a 'plotter' (old type of printer that acually had pens to draw the lines = ancient tech, showing my age here 🙂  )

Aslo, is this a new issue, after an update/upgrade?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2024 Apr 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi eric, the rectangle is a 'fill' within our program, in particular one with a 25% opacity to the foreground, which can be set as a selected colour, with the 'background' of the fill, set to empty / completely transparent.

All fill hatches that are able to be made semitransparent, as the above, will save correctly as 'opacity' when exporting to PDF directly from the program, remaining the same no matter the scale.

Adobe exporter however changes this to a plotted type system, rather than opacity, which is the issue im trying to resolve. 

This is not a new issue, its been common issue for years, simply trying to see if there is any solution.

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines