• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Printing Error

New Here ,
Feb 03, 2018 Feb 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I usually use and like Acrobat Pro to open and alter my PDFs but all of a sudden I cannot print them.  I get the following ERROR MESSAGE

Printing - Can't open "/private/var/spool/cuts/tmp/002845a7af45e"

Contacted Apple, no problems on their side; actually showed me if I open a PDF in Preview I can print but not in Acrobat Pro.  Contacted HP and no issues with printer.  Only thing it can be is an Adobe problem....help.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 05, 2018 Feb 05, 2018

Hello artg60248324

We apologize for the inconvenience caused, as per the description above, you are not able to print from Acrobat Pro as getting an error message Can't open "/private/var/spool/cuts/tmp/002845a7af45e", Is that correct?

Please check for any pending updates of Acrobat Pro from Help>Check for updates. Reboot the machine after the updates and see if this brings any difference.

You can also refer to the following KB doc Troubleshoot PDF printing in Acrobat and Reader  Link: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/troubleshoot-pdf-printing-acrobat-reader.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 05, 2018 Feb 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello artg60248324

We apologize for the inconvenience caused, as per the description above, you are not able to print from Acrobat Pro as getting an error message Can't open "/private/var/spool/cuts/tmp/002845a7af45e", Is that correct?

Please check for any pending updates of Acrobat Pro from Help>Check for updates. Reboot the machine after the updates and see if this brings any difference.

You can also refer to the following KB doc Troubleshoot PDF printing in Acrobat and Reader  Link: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/troubleshoot-pdf-printing-acrobat-reader.html

Try setting the Read and Write permission on all Adobe folders, and grant Reader and Write permission on Adobe folders, refer to the steps given in the following KB doc to give permission Configuration error in Adobe Creative Cloud  Link: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/configuration-error.html#mac_os

If the issue persists, please use Acrobat cleaner tool to remove Acrobat Pro Download Adobe Reader and Acrobat Cleaner Tool - Adobe Labs  Reboot the machine and install Acrobat Pro from Download Pro or Standard versions of Acrobat DC, 2017, XI, or X

If you still face any issue, please share the following details:

• Dot version of Acrobat Pro DC installed, to identify refer to Identify the product and its version for Acrobat and Reader DC
  • The version of Mac os installed?
  • Is Acrobat is throwing error while printing one PDF file or is it with all the PDF files?
  • Check for the latest updates of HP printer installed.
  • Make and Model of HP printer.

Let us know how it goes and share your findings.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2021 Jan 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have used Adobe Reader for 3 years, I never had trouble printing I did an updated a few weeks ago, now when I go to print it tells me that I could not print and there was no document selected 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 10, 2022 Aug 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ME TOO!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 10, 2022 Aug 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Have you checked for Acrobat updates? (Help> Check for updates), have you checked for print driver updates (Google search your printer name and model).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines