• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Printing Pdfs

New Here ,
Jun 17, 2022 Jun 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have saved a web page in Safari as a Pdf, which I'm attempting to print out in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC. In doing so, the scale option is fixed at 12%, and I'm unable to change it. Help....

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've moved this from the Using the Community forum (which is the forum for issues using the forums) to the Acrobat forum so that proper help can be offered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Duplicate posting

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved duplicate post to Holding.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post a screen shot of the entire print dialog in Acrobat Pro DC, showing your options and the stuck 12%.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2022 Jun 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2022-06-25 at 8.07.25 AM.png

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. There is so much in the Print dialog it's easy to get lost. Here's a map (I've posted a new picture for you to see, with marks on it).

First, I can see that Safari has made a huge PDF from the page, maybe 90 inches long. That's nothing to do with Reasder, it just has to work out how to print this...

A. The scale 12% shows you what scale will be used - you can't change it THERE, but you can change it elsewhere

B. 8.5 x 11 inches is the size of your printer paper. You can see from the preview that Reader wants to print the whole page, and has to shrink it to only 12% to fit it all.

C. Page size and handling is where most of the control is done.

D. Is where you choose the basic style of printing. "Size" is the usual thing, and means print each page of the PDF on one piece of paper (what people most often want), but can choose the size.

E. Fit is the option you've got right now. It says "scale the page to fit", and this means it must be 12%.

F. If you want it bigger you can choose a different scale by clicking on "Custom scale" and typing a number.

But this probably isn't what you really want, since a bigger scale will cut off information.

What you might really want is LOTS of pieces of paper instead of one. And that's another story, but what you need to click is "Poster" right next to "Size" (D).

TestScreenName_0-1656174469758.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the information, but I'm still at a loss.  When i switch to poster, it wants to print out 22 pages--I want only one.  Are there settings on the above page I need to change, or is there some other place I need to go?  I also tried changing the scale on the page setup printer page, but to no avail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The thing is, this is what you have. A really long PDF file, perhaps 90 inches long, maybe 20 inches wide. (You can check this by hovering over the bottom left of the page). This is a very awkward size, but if you really must print it, Acrobat will print it. What do you ACTUALLY want to print? If it isn't all of the 90 x 20 inch file, what part of it?

If you say, I don't really want a 90 x 20 inch file, I'm inclined to agree. But you say you made it, somehow, from Safari, so it's Safari that's doing that. Maybe there are options to control that in Safari.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines