• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pro subscription expired and I can't read PDFs w/o signin

New Here ,
Jul 29, 2022 Jul 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I downgrade to normal simple Adobe Reader so I can open PDFs without all the Adobe Baggage showing up?  Right now it wants me to sign in to a non-existent account (or create one) just to read a PDF. 

The subscription ended many months ago. I think a recent auto update made matters worse.     Not sure. I dont use this laptop often.   My current version is:

version.PNG

Windows 10.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went to uninstall adobe and just start from scratch, but interestingly there were TWO there, both installed on 7/14 same version #.   One said Adobe Acrobat Reader DC and the other one said Adobe Acrobat DC.   I uninstalled the non-reader one.   System seems okay now although my first open did spit out some error about fonts but it is not persistent.

Why did this happen?   Obviously, one Adobe is more than enough.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The two versions are the same application now. If you have a valid subscription it will load as Acrobat DC. If not, it will default as the free Reader DC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Except it didn't,  as I couldn't open ANY pdf file in the state it was in     Maybe it needed a reboot???   If so, that's pathetic.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines