Pro tools missing

Explorer ,
Feb 17, 2022 Feb 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have installed Acrobat Pro on a second pc via Creative Cloud. For some reason I see the Reader tools only on that pc even though I am logged in. Repairing the installation, reinstalling didn't help. Activated devices only shows two which is fine. Any ideas on how to enable the full set of tools? 

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jun 05, 2022 Jun 05, 2022

Well, just to not leave this thread dangling: The solution to this problem was to remove a couple of registry entries. They are actually pretty obvious if you know where to look. The only thing I cannot wrap my mind around is how I ended up with those entries in the first place.

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Feb 18, 2022 Feb 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone? Maybe even someone from Adobe?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mike

Hope you are doing well and sorry to hear that.

Please remove the application using the Acrobat cleaner tool https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/Labs/cleaner.html  , reboot the computer once and reinstall the application using the direct link https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/acrobat-dc-downloads.html  and check if that helps.

Regards

Amal

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 25, 2022 Feb 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, I couldn't run the cleaner tool as I use Acrobat in a corporate environment which doesn't allow the execution of "unknown" software. Also, the cleaner page claims that the tool can only be used with standalone versions of acrobat which is not the case here as I had installed Acrobat via Creative Cloud.

What I did try (several times) was logging out of Creative Cloud and back in. Creative Cloud shows Acrobat DC as installed. I deinstalled Acrobat via Creative Cloud and reinstalled it from there. For some reason the version then switched from 64-bit to 32-bit. However, all tools beyond the Reader version are still missing even though the app claims to be "Adobe Acrobat Pro DC 32-bit".

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try logging out of the Creative Cloud app and back in again. Or use the Adobe CC Cleaner to remove your ID Credentials. 

David Creamer
Adobe Certified Instructor, Adobe Certified Professional, and Adobe Certified Expert

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does the app identify itself as Acrobat Pro or Acrobat Reader? Look in Help > About to see what it calls itself.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mike_4711_0-1645787927634.png

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Hope you are doing well. Please update the application to the recent version 21.11.20039 from the help menu > Check for updates and reboot the computer once.

Also try to reset the Acroabt preferences as described here https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/how-to-reset-acrobat-preference-settings-to-defau...

Regards

Amal

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not seem to be able to update to a newer version. I do not have the Check for updates option in Acrobat. I reinstalled once more through Creative Cloud. However, I still get the version shown above. I do not understand why Creative Cloud would install anything other than the latest stable version of Acrobat.

Resetting the preferences also did not help.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 28, 2022 Feb 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

We are sorry to hear that. Please remove the application using the Acrobat Cleaner tool https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/Labs/cleaner.html reboot the computer once and reinstall the application using the link https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/acrobat-dc-downloads.html and see if that helps.

Regards'

Amal

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 28, 2022 Feb 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, I cannot run the Cleaner tool. Please see my reply above. Thank you!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 01, 2022 Mar 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

We are sorry to hear that.

Please try to get in touch with the IT admin at your end and see if that works for you.

Regards

Amal

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 01, 2022 Mar 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Cleaner tool claims that "the tool cannot be used with any Creative Cloud products" which is where I installed Acrobat from. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 02, 2022 Mar 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

The Acrobat cleaner tool is used to remove the Adobe Acrobat/Reader DC application from the system. You may please proceed with the cleaner tool and reboot the computer once and then try to reinstall the application using the link shared earlier.

Regards

Amal

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 08, 2022 Apr 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This did not work. The issue is still unsolved. This is extremely disappointing!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just for clarification: I am now on Acrobat Pro DC 2022.001.20085. This seems to be the lasted version distributed via Creative Cloud. The toolset, however, is still that of Acrobat Reader.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uninstall Acrobat and reinstall it.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the suggestion. However, I have lost track of how many times I have already done that to no avail.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, sorry, I read your initial message too quickly.
For uninstallation, do you use Creative Cloud, Windows Add/Remove Programs or the AdobeAcroCleaner_DC2021 utility?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat has been uninstalled using Creative Cloud and at the last attempt using the Cleaner Tool as well. It might be that Add/Remove Programs might have been skipped.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In our company, I was confronted twice with the problem and by uninstalling via the Creative Cloud and reinstalling there, Acrobat offered again the tools of modification.
Unfortunately, it doesn't work for you. I hope you will be able to solve this problem.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 25, 2022 Apr 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still no solution for this problem. Looking at the date of my first post this issue is about to turn into a major disappointment.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your screen capture of 2022-02-25 shows the program as Acrobat Pro. 

David Creamer
Adobe Certified Instructor, Adobe Certified Professional, and Adobe Certified Expert

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know. That's why I should be able to find all the Pro tools instead of the Reader toolbox.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you show a screen shot of your Tools?

image.png

David Creamer

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines