Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Problem in Comments Viewing

Explorer ,
Jun 30, 2021 Jun 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

There is a major issue found in Acrobat Professional Xi, DC and Reader Xi and DC. When i opened the PDF it showed only 1 comment. But the PDF has 700 + marked comments . When i page down each page one by one then only the rest are viewed. Please advise what is the problem why all the comments are not viewed immediately at the time of opening pdf.

Comments issue.png

Thanks,

Santhosh

TOPICS
Comment review and collaborate PDF, General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 30, 2021 Jun 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please find the file for your testing.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 02, 2021 Jul 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem, I can see comments only when a scroll throu the pages

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How were the comments added?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps there are filters applied to the viewable comments that are only showing. Can you check to see that the filters are all cleared away, permitting all comments to show?

commentfilters.png

My best,

Dave

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's what I did to change the behavior, hopefully for the better:

I went into the Comments filter, and enabled Hide All Comments, and Apply.  As expected, I then saw no comments at all listed.  I then revisited the filters, and turned OFF the Hide All Comments, and ended up with the following result after applying:

comments_unhide.png

See if that is the desired result.  It's a little strange, but if the desired outcome takes 3 or 4 clicks, it should suffice, hopefully.

My best,

Dave

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 05, 2021 Jul 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank Dave for your answer, unfortunately it didnt work. I tried to disable/enable all comments, single authors, single types but when I open the pdf I always see only 36 comments out of over 400...

I can see all the comments corretly only when I scroll down page by page, they magically appear. I attach here the pdf in case  it could help.

Result is that I cant trust Acrobat anymore...

Best,

Martina

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 05, 2021 Jul 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

I tried the same, but i got only 5 comments as viewable.

This PDF contains 700 + Comments on it. What is the final solution for this and how to avoid this problem in future. Please advise.

Thanks,

Santhosh

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines