Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem with Enhance Camera Images

New Here ,
Jun 14, 2024 Jun 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there!

I use Scan&OCR>Enhance>Camera Image to de-warp and correct the perspective of documents which I scan with my iPhone (Dropbox Scan Document Tool)

When Scans are in their original color or with Low resolution, the Enhance tool works. But, for images already cleaned with B&W or Whiteboard filter or Scans with higher resolution, the Enhance tool of Adobe Acrobat gets disabled with the message "Page Content is not suitable for Enhancement".

As I have already cleaned scans' lighting and background, I only want to de-warp and correct the Perspective to a flat image. But, it seems if the document is not totally raw, Enhance Camera Image, fails to work!

I wonder to know if there is any other Tool/App with such magic blue circles to set the scan's boundary like "Enhance Camera Image"?

I'd appreciate it if anybody could kindly help me.

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , Scan documents and OCR

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 14, 2024 Jun 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, @mansour38054672anri, first off, I'm kinda old-school and use a scanner for all of my document capture. However, I do sometimes use my camera when I'm away from my scanner, or "fast and dirty" is just fine for the nature of the document I'm scanning, er, photographing. Otherwise, there's SO MUCH that can be done at the time of a proper scan that cannot be done via a photo, that I just take the time to do a proper scan unless it really is not necessary.

With that in mind, my guess is that Adobe needs those blue dots as much as you do to help it do the other image enhancements you also want. If you did Adobe's enhancements first, and later do any subsequent B&W or whiteboard afterwords. Would that work for you? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2024 Jun 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Gary

Thanks for sharing your idea

The fact you can use a mobile phone more easily than a scanner is obvious. e.g. when you are out of the office, you can not take your scanner + most docs are stapled and the scanner needs to dismantle dossiers and flatten papers.

The issue is not "B&W or whiteboard" because Adobe Enhancement also includes this feature.

Issue is that Adobe Image enhancement (The only option with magic blue circles) only operates on low-quality images.

Maybe its algorithm categorizes them as "captured images" vs "scanned documents" which I think is not necessary. It can also accept good-quality photos for de-warping & perspective correction.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines