Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem with old license on new PC

New Here ,
Nov 29, 2022 Nov 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear community,

I have problem with my adobe acrobat Pro, namely I moved my Pro license to new PC and uninstall Acrobat Pro on my old PC (I don't logged out before uninstall). I logged in to Adobe Pro in my new PC but thers popping out information that

"Serial number ................................ is already in use by the maximum number of computers allowed. To use the product, you must deactivate it on one of the computers within 24 days."

It seems that uninstalling did not cause logged out.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 29, 2022 Nov 29, 2022

Hi @Sebastian27330932kx9s 

We are sorry to hear that

Uninstalling the app from a computer does not necessarily deactivate its license. If you uninstalled your app and are getting a message that you've exceeded your activation limit, try reinstalling the app on the old computer. Then, follow the steps below to deactivate the app on the old computer and activate it on your new one.

Also, please go through the help pages listed below and see if that works:

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/error-activation-limit-reached-sign.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correct, uninstalling does not deactivate the product. What version of Acrobat is it, exactly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Sebastian27330932kx9s 

We are sorry to hear that

Uninstalling the app from a computer does not necessarily deactivate its license. If you uninstalled your app and are getting a message that you've exceeded your activation limit, try reinstalling the app on the old computer. Then, follow the steps below to deactivate the app on the old computer and activate it on your new one.

Also, please go through the help pages listed below and see if that works:

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/error-activation-limit-reached-sign.html

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/activation-limit-reached-creative-cloud.html

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Amal,

Thank you for help and information now I know what to do.

Hope my IT departament did not destroy my old computer or hard drive...

Best regards

Sebastian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 30, 2022 Nov 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If they did you'll need to contact Adobe Support directly (via chat or phone) and ask for an "Activation count reset".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines