Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

problem with the language while converting a pdf file into a word file

Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2020 Oct 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, everyone!

I had a problem with the language while converting a pdf file into a Word file. When I convert an English pdf file into an Arabic Word file, the content looks like as if it is not recognized at all by Adobe and as if it is the "Honolulu" language. So how can I overcome this challenge?

Thank you

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , How to , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 24, 2020 Oct 24, 2020

If you're using a Windows machine, and have Microsoft Office 2016 or newer, you may convert your Arabic PDF by launching MS. Word, then "Open" the PDF in Word as such MS. Office will do the conversion. We found this method gives you a higher success rate than letting Acrobat do the conversion.

If however, you're using a Mac, then the above trick will not work on MS. Office for Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like a font encoding issue, in which case there's probably not much you can do.

What happens if you select the text directly in the PDF file and then copy and paste it into Word? Does it come out as gibberish, too?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply. Yes when copying and pasting, it comes out as gibberish, too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't understand what you mean by converting English PDF into an Arabic MS. Word document. Never the less, Acrobat doesn't convert Arabic content PDFs to MS. Word files properly, it will give you a low success rate depending on the font used and how and from where the PDF was created.

You're welcome to vote on this bug issue here so the Acrobat team would consider improving Arabic support in Adobe Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your quick reply. You got me right. So maybe as you said: "Acrobat doesn't convert Arabic content PDFs to MS. Word files properly, it will give you a low success rate depending on the font used and how and from where the PDF was created"

I will vote on the bug you mentioned. 

I hope Adobe takes into consideration the Arabic support as well in their programs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you're using a Windows machine, and have Microsoft Office 2016 or newer, you may convert your Arabic PDF by launching MS. Word, then "Open" the PDF in Word as such MS. Office will do the conversion. We found this method gives you a higher success rate than letting Acrobat do the conversion.

If however, you're using a Mac, then the above trick will not work on MS. Office for Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines