Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems printing to pdf

Community Beginner ,
Apr 17, 2017 Apr 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello All,

I am having a problem with Acrobat DC Pro.  When I go to print from any program it shows the save as box and I type in the file name and choose the location.  But the file never appears anywhere.  If I choose to save and send via Word, Excel etc. it will save the file just fine.  It also gives me an error when trying to print from Access.  Not sure why this is happening.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Rob

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Apr 19, 2017 Apr 19, 2017

Also - I did try the add-in option and it worked just fine.  The problems are when I try to print to the Adobe driver and when I try to print in general in Access - this program does not have the add-in option.

Regards,

Rob

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi rbattaglia,

Could you please confirm if the issue occurs when you use the print option in Adobe Acrobat DC Or you are trying to print to PDF option from other applications.

Please share the exact steps you do to save the file using print option.

What is the dot version of Adobe Acrobat DC Pro you are using?

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This happens whenever I try to use the print option in a program like Excel or Word and choose the Adobe PDF printer.  I can print fine from within Acrobat.

Regards,

Rob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please try to use "Create PDF" option under the Acrobat ribbon in Excel or Word.

Save the file on the location you wish.

Then check if you can find the file on that location.

Also, try repairing the installation. Open Adobe Acrobat and go to Help menu > Repair Installation.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was a brand new installation of Acrobat Pro DC.  The point here is that I do not use the Add-ins for Office since they tend to cause other issues - slowing down software, locking up software etc.  So I always use the print option and choose the Adobe PDF printer.  For Office users there is no need for the add-in since you can create PDF files in-place in all Office programs.

Regard,

Rob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 19, 2017 Apr 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Meenakshi,

I have not heard from you so I attempted to fix the issue by doing a repair install.  This did not fix the problem.  PDF files are still not showing up anywhere.  An in MS Access errors occur.  I would like to upload pictures of the errors but am not sure how to do that here.  Please advise.

Regards,

Rob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 19, 2017 Apr 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also - I did try the add-in option and it worked just fine.  The problems are when I try to print to the Adobe driver and when I try to print in general in Access - this program does not have the add-in option.

Regards,

Rob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 26, 2017 May 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi rbattaglia,

Sorry for the delay in response.

Could you please let us know the dot version of Adobe Acrobat DC Pro.

To check that, launch the application and go to Help menu > About Adobe Acrobat DC.

Are you on Mac or Window? Which version?

Have you tried to create PDF directly from the application?

Launch the application and go to File menu  >Create PDF> PDF from the file.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 25, 2022 Dec 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this problem with Adobe InDesign when trying to print  a book (from a book.indb file.) I also often have this problem printing an invoice from QuickBooks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I reinstalled Acrobat, and I reinstalled InDesign. Did not change.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You should never print to PDF from InDesign. I wouldn't expect it to work. Use export. But otherwise. Did you maybe stop some automatic tasks, to be tidy? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines