• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems with my word document following PDF conversion

New Here ,
May 16, 2022 May 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Have converted a PDF file to Word document  (.docx) using Adobe Acrobat but the word document looks nothing like the original PDF.  Would appreciate a quick lesson on why my process is failing or do I need an a specific application to perform the task. BTW I'm trying to edit the document.Thanks.

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 16, 2022 May 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There is a lot of guesswork involved, and also Word doesn't have a fixed page layout. The only way Acrobat could guarantee a Word document looking absolutely identical would be to make all pages into Word pictures, but then nothing could be edit. So there must be compromise.

The conversion is really the starting point of your editing. Converting to Word is a desperate last resort, when the original document is lost or never existed in Word for. NEVER NEVER use this feature to re-edit your files starting in Word: KEEP the originals safe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines