• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems with Vista 64 bit edition

New Here ,
Jan 08, 2007 Jan 08, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When will this be fixed for 64 bit OS, I want to upgrade to version 8, but there is no point at this time. No version works on Vista.

Error "Warning 20225..." or no Adobe PDF printer appears (Acrobat 8.0 on Windows)
Issue

When you install Adobe Acrobat, one of the following issues occurs:

-- The Acrobat installer returns the error message, "Warning 20225: Adobe Acrobat 8 Setup was unable to create a new item: Adobe PDF Converter. The Adobe PDF Printer may be unavailable. GetLastError: The specified module could not be found." When you click OK, the installer returns the error again and completes the installation, but the Adobe PDF printer doesn't appear in Printers And Faxes in the Windows Control Panel.

-- The Adobe PDF printer doesn't appear in Printers And Faxes in the Windows Control Panel.

Solutions

Solution 1: Use a supported installation.

The following are unsupported installations, and the supported solutions:

-- If you install Acrobat (Professional or Standard) on a 64-bit operating system, then you may see this error. Install Acrobat on a 32-bit operating system.
TOPICS
Rich media and 3D

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2008 Mar 18, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat works fine if UAC is off on all versions of Acrobat and all versions of Vista. The problem is the use of the printer in such a way that it ensures it is a kernel level execution. If you do not like this, get Adobe to change it. They are only doing this to keep track of your license, likely in a system devised by Norton. Norton said they would pay me back for their software because it does not work properly.

Given the extra level of security in Vista with UAC, I turn it off only when I have to use their printer. Most times, I print with Microsoft's XPS document printer. When I open those documents they are assigned to open in Adobe and I can convert from there. I do hope that XPS documents become more prevalent. They provide great images and are interchangeable with Adobe as indicated.

From my perspective, Adobe just refuses to play by the rules of Vista. I had a lot more negative to say, but why bother.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 09, 2008 Apr 09, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i still cant get mine to work, any help appreciated.

[Stealth spam link removed by host. Note: such activities will impact membership as well as reception in these forums!]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 09, 2008 Apr 09, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

E Marrero,

What version of Acrobat 3D are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2008 Apr 17, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a known issue with 64-bit versions of these operating systems which causes the Adobe PDF Printer to not work correctly. Microsoft has released a Hot Fix for this issue which is documented in Microsoft Knowledge Base Article #930627 available at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/930627. Adobe has tested and will support the Adobe PDF Printer with this Hot Fix installed.

http://www.themeparkcodes.com , http://www.disneylandsecrets.com , http://www.rentalcarscode.com , http://bathingape-bape.blogspot.com , http://nikedunksbs.blogspot.com , http://nikeairforceonekicks.blogspot.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2008 Apr 26, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat works fine if UAC is off on all versions of Acrobat and all versions of Vista but you have to know that What version of Acrobat 3D are you using? See if these sites can help you:
http://www.rentalcarscode.com , http://bathingape-bape.blogspot.com , http://nikedunksbs.blogspot.com , http://nikeairforceonekicks.blogspot.com
Martin Fowl
| inkjet
cartridge
| data recovery
| data recovery |

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2008 Apr 30, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bought Adobe since I thought they were the best . Acrobat works fine if UAC is off on all versions of Acrobat and all versions of Vista, but I am having a small problem out here and looking for its solution.
Martin Fowl
| inkjet
cartridge
| data recovery
| data recovery |

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 05, 2008 Jul 05, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For a month I have been looking for a solution to the problem with printing PDF documents from my windows Vista 64. I doesn't work when it's 32bit application. And after trying various solutions found here the only result is an inactivated Acrobat that cannot be activated. I only found one solution and that's a free PDF writer. This one works flawless on Vista 64.

How come Adobe only blame various drivers from Microsoft when these guys seems to get it to work? I can but blame incompetence. I give up on adobes bloated PDF printer. Sorry.

I wont put up a link here on the other solution as it may be taken as an ad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2008 Jul 08, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually Adobe did do something about this - its called Acrobat 8.1 (or later) - which will install the PDF driver on x64 machines. You do need to have the latest service pack for Windows however - see http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=333360&sliceId=1 for more info. 8.1 is a free update so you shouldn't have to worry about 3rd party pdf drivers to make this work.

Also Acrobat 9 is compatible with x64 systems as well.

Anyhow at this point if you still can't print to Adobe PDF in Windows x64 call support :).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2008 Jul 22, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got a new Dell with Vista SP1 x64 installed.

I have installed my CS3 set and everything works but I am unable to create PDF's.

I have downloaded and attempted to install the upgrade to 8.1 or later and get a message indicating that there is a problem installing the upgrade because it can not find the installation or because the software is improperly installed.

But I can run all the software without problems. Just can not create a PDF or update the installation.

Any help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 09, 2008 Sep 09, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I gather that Adobe in its infinite arrogance has simply abandoned all GoLive users, but now it appears it's abandoning its stalwart Acrobat Professional users. If the fix cited works as successfully as it appears to [rendering my $1300.00 investment in CS2 now barely usable in XP Pro x64], then one must wonder how it can be that a company with such a vast loyal user-base can continue to avoid responsibility to correct their promise that GoLive CS2 would work correctly under XP Pro x64. I had simply held off using XP Pro x64 until I'd acquired a 64-bit capable processor and system. But now I find that Adobe was misrepresenting GoLive CS2's functionality under Windows XP Pro x64 all along. It's more than a bit insulting to our collective intelligence. But more than that, it's a disgrace that Adobe felt obliged to simply lie about the usability of it's products under a 64-bit operating system just to gull the public into going ahead with 64-bit Vista System computer purchases. One could be justified for wondering if their wasn't a little kickback money sent Adobe's way from Microsoft, to push the commit decision for consumers considering the purchase of 64-bit Adobe Apps and Vista systems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 09, 2008 Sep 09, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bought an HP Pavillion 64-bit with Vista. Installed Adobe Design CS3, couldn't print to PDF from Explorer (possibly other applications) with PDF printer. Installed all Adobe and Windows updates and service packs (as of 7 Sept 2008), including Acrobat 8.1.2; still couldn't print to PDF with Adobe Acrobat from Explorer. These instructions by Shigeru Go on updating Adobe and deleting the file in windows/inf *worked*. Uninstall/reinstall of Adobe Design CS3+Updates after disabling AV+UAC *did not work*.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 10, 2008 Sep 10, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bought an HP Pavillion with Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit edition with service pack 1. I cannot get my CS2 software to download. Adobe wants me to upgrade to CS 3.3 for $599.

Obviously, I feel like I am getting it put to me. Does anyone have any solutions on how to get this sofware to work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 11, 2008 Sep 11, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> Does anyone have any solutions on how to get this sofware to work?

You can follow Adobe's advice, or downgrade to Windows XP.

Aandi Inston

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its great to see that it supports finally! We are in love with adobe. thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aandi,

Thanks for the advice. I will do the downgrade.

Lisa :)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also... It looks like Adobe is unveiling CS4 on September 23rd. If you were considering the upgrade it might be worth the wait.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 01, 2008 Oct 01, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After PERUSING the adobe forums for a fix, I finally found it... at the Quickbooks PRO site!

http://support.quickbooks.intuit.com/support/pages/knowledgebasearticle/1007856

Basically it steps you through the process of reassigning the Adobe PDF printer port away from LPT1 to a new (you create it) local PDF port.

I had given up on Adobe Acrobat working on my Vista x64 until I stumbled upon this to fix my Quickbooks Pro and though it may work for my Adobe troubles.

I hope this finally brings peace for others!

Maybe Adobe needs to replace their QA engineers with Intuit engineers????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2008 Oct 18, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The fix posted by Shigeru Go above [5:49pm Mar 2, 08 PST (#22 of 38)] worked for me as well.

Just in case it helps others, I'll mention a few more things about my install:

-I am running Vista Home Premium 64-bit, and Adobe CS3 Standard.
-I installed and updated CS3 BEFORE installing any physical printers on my PC. [week of 10-13-08, in case that is relevant]
-During the install there was one error with a file not found, I hit cancel and the installation completed. Sorry I didn't write down the file name but I did find a webpage that recommended I cancel and continue the install.
-Later in the week I attached a Laser Printer and installed the HP universal printer drivers.
-Then I found this fix posted above and tried it. Success the first time.

Can't think of anything else that might be relevant.

Thanks, Shigeru Go!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2008 Oct 28, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has this been fixed in CS4? This issue has really affected my workflow in a negative way. I have spent several hours working on this and I still can't print to Adobe PDF in Vista 64. Now the 8.1.2 installer launches everytime I try to start Acrobat and I have to end the task. This is the only issue I have had upgrading to Vista 64.

Too bad Microsoft takes all the heat!

Thanks,

David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See the post from Michael Jantzen on July 8. Also please see the Acrobat 3D updates page:

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/product.jsp?product=112&platform=Windows

Please note that the list of updates is not in chronological order

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did follow Michael Jantzen's method 10 days ago. In fact I did it twice. In the end it continues to say that the patch does not apply to my system.

I gave up and haven't touched it again until today when I needed to print check detail to Adobe PDF to email and it locked up. Then I tried to launch Acrobat and it said it was installing 8.1.2. That locked up too and I rebooted and tried again. Same result.

Then I ran Bueford Tannon's fix - 7:55am Mar 31, 08 PST (#45 of 55) From this Adobe Forum Thread. http://www.adobeforums.com/webx?7@@.3bc34e46/45

SubInAcl has been running for over two hours now and I have no idea if this is going to fix the problem. This is a tremendous amount of effort to fix something that apparently can be accomplished with a $9.95 download.

David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Steve,

SubinACL crashed, so per your post I downloaded the Adobe Acrobat 3D 8.1.2 Security Update 1 - multiple languages and applied it. http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=3975

Then I removed the Adobe PDF Printer and then removed the INFCACHE.1 from the Windows INF folder per this previous post in this thread. Shigeru Go - 5:49pm Mar 2, 08 PST (#22 of 42)

I ran the repair from Acrobat 8.1.2 and walla it works. It only took me seven hours today. It too less than 30 seconds to email the PDF after I got it fixed. That's very disappointing considering the price I pay to stay current with Adobe products.

David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for posting the steps you took to repair the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2008 Nov 05, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So there was an issue with the driver installer in 8.1.2, 8.1.3 resolves this. If you are still having trouble printing to Adobe PDF in XP-64 or 2003-64 or Vista-64 upgrade to 8.1.3.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2008 Nov 16, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat Problem with Vista X64 OLE calls - CreateObject("AcroExch.AVDoc") does NOT open its window in the CreateObject("AcroExch.App") - but opens a new (invisible) window. Works correctly in XP x64 and 32 bit Vista - happens with Acrobat v8 and v9.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines