• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems with Vista 64 bit edition

New Here ,
Jan 08, 2007 Jan 08, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When will this be fixed for 64 bit OS, I want to upgrade to version 8, but there is no point at this time. No version works on Vista.

Error "Warning 20225..." or no Adobe PDF printer appears (Acrobat 8.0 on Windows)
Issue

When you install Adobe Acrobat, one of the following issues occurs:

-- The Acrobat installer returns the error message, "Warning 20225: Adobe Acrobat 8 Setup was unable to create a new item: Adobe PDF Converter. The Adobe PDF Printer may be unavailable. GetLastError: The specified module could not be found." When you click OK, the installer returns the error again and completes the installation, but the Adobe PDF printer doesn't appear in Printers And Faxes in the Windows Control Panel.

-- The Adobe PDF printer doesn't appear in Printers And Faxes in the Windows Control Panel.

Solutions

Solution 1: Use a supported installation.

The following are unsupported installations, and the supported solutions:

-- If you install Acrobat (Professional or Standard) on a 64-bit operating system, then you may see this error. Install Acrobat on a 32-bit operating system.
TOPICS
Rich media and 3D

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2008 Nov 20, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reed,

You may want to post this information on the Acrobat SDK forum as it appears that is where you are really having an issue. There are developers who may have tips and hints that may help you on that forum.

http://www.adobeforums.com/webx/.eed56a0/

Sanctus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2008 Nov 29, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat 8.1.3 update fails in Vista 64

On two machines, both running Vista 64, The update from Acrobat 8.1.2 to 8.1.3 ends with a message that the installation failed. I have tried it a number of times and get the same message every time on both machines.

Is there a fix for this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2008 Dec 12, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jon's fix worked great for Quickbooks. Now, how can I get Acrobat 7.1 to print a PDF???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2009 Jan 16, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm almost a Linux convert. Microsoft used to be the gold standard with me. Mow, not sure.

http://moneywisdom-gold.blogspot.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 06, 2009 Sep 06, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does this mean Adobe Standard 6.0 cannot work with Vista 64 bit? Adobe has not fix?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2009 Sep 24, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You won't get it to print to .pdf for sure with any version earlier than V8.

You may be able to get it to install (have to modify install path to Progra~2 not Program Files (x86).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2009 Oct 19, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am running Vista 32 bit with Service pack two. I only have Adobe Acrobat 6.0 and really don't want to spend. Can anyone share with me if there is a way to get my version to print?

Thanks!

SEO Seattle

Email: david@seoseattle.net

Thank you for considering a minute to answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines