• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Procedure Entry Point Not Found (OCRLibraryInf.dll)

Community Beginner ,
Mar 25, 2018 Mar 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running Adobe Acrobat Pro DC (v 2018.011.20038) and upon clicking "Recognize Text" I receive the following pop-up error:

The procedure entry point ?EndPhase@CProgress@IDRS@@UAEW4IDRS_PROCESS_PHASE@2@@Z could not be located in t he dynamic link library C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat DC\Acrobat\plug_ins\PaperCapture\OCRLibraryInf.dll.

I tried removing and re-installing Acrobat to no avail. Any ideas?

TOPICS
Scan documents and OCR

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 01, 2018 May 01, 2018

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2021 Jun 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@johnc48182228 You are godsent! I reinstalled windows twice trying to rectify this problem. And the moment I read your post I realized that this was it, I had started facing issues right after installing my HP scanners software. Cant thank you enough, I wish you the best. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2021 Jun 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so very much for the simple and quick fix 🙂👍🏼 The HP IRIS OCR was the culprit!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2022 Mar 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That was exactely my problem. Once I uninstalled HP OCR it works fine now. Many thanks!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 20, 2020 Mar 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As you'll see as you read further down in this threat, the problem is NOT a corrupt installtion of Adobe Acrobat.  Rather, it is a conflict with HP's I.R.I.S. OCR software.  In my test, I began the OCR procedure in Adobe Acrobat and encountered the error.  With the OCR process on hold and the error message still on the screen, I went to Control Panel/Programs and uninstalled IRIS OCR from HP.  As soon as it was uninstalled, the Adobe OCR procedure automatically resumed and performed its task. I'm running Adobe Acrobat XI Pro v 11.0.23

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 29, 2020 Aug 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me!

I had this same issues with Acrobat Pro DC Version 2020.012.20043 using an HP ScanJet Pro 3000 s4 on a Dell XPS 8930 running Windows 10 Home. I also have a HP LaserJet Pro 200 MFP. I had contacted Adobe support and after 3 hours of them trying different things to fix the isuue I was told they were going to escalate my case to Tier 2 and would phone me back the next day. They left me with Acrobat DC 2018 on my PC which they had installed trying to fix this issue. It's going on 4 days now and still no callback so back to Google and I found my way here.

I uninstalled Acrobat DC 2018 and reinstalled Acrobat Pro DC, because I am paying for the lateset version, and I got the same errors.

I uninstalled HP's IRIS software, I had two versions running.

Acrobat Pro DC Version 2020.012.20043 now runs without any errors, well at least until the next update.  It took me longer to Google and find this solution then it did to uninstall HP's IRIS software.

Now to see how long it takes Adobe Tier 2 support to get back to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2020 Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did finally solve my issue.  I think I had to uninstall HP IRIS OCR, uninstall Acrobat, use Adobe's clean uninstall utility, manually delete any remaining folders of Acrobat's, with rebooting between steps and twice more after everything was done.  Then..  install Acrobat.  I've been keeping my fingers crossed that it continues to work.  I had to do ALL of the above to get it to work again.  Very frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2021 Aug 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perfect. This worked for me - thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 02, 2023 Aug 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The procedure entry point ??OMC Params@PM@Adobe@@QEAA@AEBV?Sbasic_string@ DU?Schar_traits@D@std@@V?$allocator@D@2@@std@@0 @Z could not be located in the dynamic link library C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2023\Photoshop.exe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines