• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Program crashes after clicking on EDIT PDF tool

Community Beginner ,
Feb 21, 2018 Feb 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

02-11-2018, Adobe Acrobat Pro DC version 2018.011.20035: all good, able to Edit Pdf files with all->okay.

After 02-12-2018, when selecting EDIT PDF tool, program crashes with error message dialog box below:

I suspect that the latest Windows Update (2018-02 Security Update for Adobe Flash Player for Windows Version 1709 for x64-based Systems (KB4074595)) may have caused the issue?

Is there resolution to fix this issue and use the critically-needed EDIT PDF tool?

Appreciate your time.

JF

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Feb 22, 2018 Feb 22, 2018

I just spent hours troubleshooting this.  If your problem is caused by the same issue as mine, try clicking into the "Tools" section of Acrobat, and then into the "Edit PDF" tool.  Creating an "Edit PDF" button on your toolbar and clicking it causes the application to crash currently, unfortunately.

It's not a fix, since obviously being able to do it from the toolbar is a much smoother and quicker workflow, but this does the trick in the meantime.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Feb 22, 2018 Feb 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just spent hours troubleshooting this.  If your problem is caused by the same issue as mine, try clicking into the "Tools" section of Acrobat, and then into the "Edit PDF" tool.  Creating an "Edit PDF" button on your toolbar and clicking it causes the application to crash currently, unfortunately.

It's not a fix, since obviously being able to do it from the toolbar is a much smoother and quicker workflow, but this does the trick in the meantime.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 23, 2018 Feb 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your answer is greatly appreciated. Indeed, when I had a chat session and a phone session with the Adobe Tech Support reps, each of them ended up doing the long-about way to edit pdf's, just like you have described. Mostly, the long-about method seems to work and I will pursue the EDIT PDF tool in this manner until Adobe comes up with an actual resolution to this issue.

On a side note, from my digging into this problem and from my research thereof, I have determined (99% confidence) that the problem stemmed once the newest update (18.11.20035) that was automatically performed (before @ no problems, after @ problems). So, hopefully the Adobe developers will be able to tweak their newest version update with some simple patches, etc.

Thank you again, for your research and recommendation, and I will go with the extra steps way with this as you suggest.

JF

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flash Player is separate software. But there was a recent update (silent as usual) to Acrobat itself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Happy to help.  I also hope for an update to fix the issue soon.  In the meantime, yeah, doing it the long way works as well as it ever does for me as well.  Mostly not crashing.

Still, save often.  Just in case. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indeed....mostly not crashing, lol. And absolutely, saving often to stem fickle nature of technology.

Continued appreciation for your help!

JF

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2019 Sep 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue, however, editing simply crashes no matter how i do it.  Any other solutions would be greatly appreciated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2023 Mar 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

03/04/23: program was working fine-edited several pdfs; Out of the blue after clicking edit on a new pdf-it would get 3/4 way thru conversion to "editable texts and images" and crash and shut down. I rebooted pc; I sent error reports; I logged into the portal and saw this long step solution and was hopeful but NOPE; same thing happened 3/4 way thru conversion process. Please help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines