• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Prompted for Username and Password All the time

New Here ,
Aug 13, 2020 Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. Our company uses Acrobat DC and it constantly asks for me to input a username and password everytime I open anything. Lots of times I'm not even within WIFI range or even in a town. I've reverted to having Reader as my default as it was drastically disrupting my work having to input my username and password EVERY SINGLE TIME that I open the program. It's tiring and honestly I wish there were other options in the market.

Windows 10 and Windows 7

Doesn't matter the hardware as it'll do it on my big gaming machine at home

Here's my field laptop information.

Account Detail:
User Rights: Admin
User Account Control: Default
Process Integrity: High
Profile Type: None
Acrobat Detail:
Sandboxing: Off
Protected View: Off
Captive Reader: No
Multi-Reader on Desktop Support: Off
Applications Installed:
Office Version: Office 2016 32-bit
Outlook Version: Outlook 2016 32-bit
Available Physical Memory: 406280 KB
Available Virtual Memory: 1866360 KB
BIOS Version: LENOVO - 2520
Default Browser: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
Version: 11.00.9600.16428 (winblue_gdr.131013-1700)
Creation Date: 2020/03/13
Creation Time: 7:49:42 AM
Default Mail: Microsoft Outlook
mapi32.dll
Version: 1.0.2536.0 (win7_rtm.090713-1255)
Creation Date: 2020/03/12
Creation Time: 10:14:28 AM
Display Detail:
Screen Width: 1920
Screen Height: 1080
Number of Monitors: 1
Number of Mouse Buttons: 16
Has Mouse Wheel: Yes
Has Pen Windows: No
Double Byte Character Set: No
Has Input Method Editor: Yes
Inside Screen Reader: No
Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000
Version: 9.18.9.1
Check: Not Supported
Installed Acrobat: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat DC\Acrobat\Acrobat.exe
Version: 20.12.20041.394260
Creation Date: 2020/07/30
Creation Time: 6:34:32 PM
Installed Acrobat: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat Reader DC\Reader\AcroRd32.exe
Version: 20.12.20041.394260
Creation Date: 2020/07/30
Creation Time: 6:34:30 PM
Locale: English (United States)
Monitor:
Name: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000
Resolution: 1920 x 1080 x 59
Bits per pixel: 32
OS Manufacturer: Microsoft Corporation
OS Name: Microsoft Windows 7
OS Version: 6.1.7601
Page File Space: 4194303 KB
Processor: x86 Family 6 Model 58 Stepping 9 GenuineIntel ~2594 Mhz
Session Detail:
Boot Type: Normal
Is Shutting Down: No
Network: Available
Inside Citrix: No
Inside VMWare: No
Remote Session: No
Remote Control: No
Using JAWS: No
Using ZoomText: No
Using Windows-Eyes: No
Using NVDA: No
System Name: SYSTEMNAME
Temporary Directory: C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Temp\
Time Zone: US Mountain Standard Time
Total Physical Memory: 3386156 KB
Total Virtual Memory: 2097024 KB
User Name: eluser
Windows Detail:
Tablet PC: No
Starter Edition: No
Media Center Edition: Yes
Slow Machine: No
Windows Directory: C:\Windows

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post a screenshot of the prompt?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

We are sorry for the trouble. As described the application is asking for username and password evrytime you try to open a PDF file.

++ Adding to the discussion

• Are you opening the file on your computer locally or is it stored on a shared network/drive? Pleas etry to download the application to your comouter and try to open with Acrobat.
  • What happens once you enter the username and password does it let you open the document or again ask for the username and password (like a loop)?

Please try to logout of the application, reboot the computer once and login to the application and check.

If it still doesn't work, please try to repair installation form the help menu and see if that makes any difference.

If it still doesn't work, please try to create a new test user profile with full admin rights in Windows and try using the application there and check.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2021 Jan 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm having exactly the same problem!!!! I am ready to uninstal Acrobat DC and look for alternatives.

I'm now copying the PDF files to another computer that has standard PDF reader that won't ask for password sign in everytime I open any PDF file which are not encrypted. Only reason I'm using Acrobat DC is to encrypt sensitive files before attaching to email.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2020 Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem. The boss' computer using Adobe Acrobat DC asks for a password every time he opens a pdf to read.

Our PDF have no passwords at all, and would work with reader , but we all have Acrobat DC. Anyway. asked for a password each time. Just started in the last couple weeks. before it never asked and always worked. All the mumbo-jumbo about admin rights and accounts is a waste of time. Something to do with adobe cloud apps. We are not always connected to internet, so we need apps that run locally, it is just a document reader....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Robert

We are sorry for the delay in response. As described, everytime you open a PDF to read it asks for a password.

Do you get a prompt for user ID and password everytime you open the Adobe Acrobat DC application or do you get a prompt for document password to open it? Please share the screensshot of the prompt for a better understanding.

When you install Acrobat Pro DC or Acrobat Standard DC, it is installed directly on your computer. The Internet is required to complete the licensing process on the first launch and every 30 days to validate your subscription. Software attempt to validate your software license every 30 days. You receive a reminder to reconnect to the Internet to validate your license after the 30 day period has expired. For more information, please look at the help page https://helpx.adobe.com/in/document-cloud/kb/internet-connectivity-and-offline-grace-period---acroba...

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2023 Nov 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, ask me every 30 days, but for God's sake give me the option to use my password manager in the password box - you force me to cut and paste every time.  That's ridiculous.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 21, 2023 Nov 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

Please check out the help page https://helpx.adobe.com/manage-account/using/secure-sign-in-with-passkey.html and see if that works for you.

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2021 Jan 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same here! using photoshop and lightroom, and getting ready to kill someone... SOOOOOO ANNOYING!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 01, 2021 Feb 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Haraldw

We are sorry to hear about your frustrating experience. Please try the steps suggested in the help page https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat/acrobat-keeps-asking-to-sign-in/td-p/11525698?page=1 and see if that works for you.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 14, 2021 May 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have the exact same problem Acrobat keeps asking for Adobe account password multiple times a day.

This is unacceptable: the licences are incredibly expensive and the product fails at simplest task. Because asking for  password when opening a local PDF is an impressive failure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2021 Sep 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We just made a switch to a new Licens this fall, and now people are getting asked to login all the time. This never happened prior. Why doesnt there seem to be a solution to this??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 16, 2021 Sep 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Franstar

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble. Would you mind sharing the version of the Adobe Acrobat you are using? To check the version go to Help > About Acrobat.

A new release of Adobe Acrobat /Reader DC is now available version 21.07.20091, please update the application from the Help menu > Check for updates and reboot the computer once.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2022 Jun 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this same problem. It's a headache. I use version: 2022.001.20142

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 29, 2022 Jun 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

We are sorry to hear that. Please go through the help article https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/acrobat-keeps-asking-to-sign-in/td-p/11525698 and see if that works for you.

Let us know how it goes

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2023 Jun 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue on macOS with version 2023.003.20215.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines