• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Protecting the master copy of an editable pdf

Community Beginner ,
Jul 14, 2021 Jul 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to create an editable pdf for my work, the goal is to be able to let my coworkers open, and use the file (filling out the editable sections of the pdf) and then NOT let them save over the master copy with all of their details filled out. Is there any way to allow anyone to access and fill out the form without allowing them to save over the master copy?? I'm obviously happy for them to be able to save the file to a different location as long as when the next person opens the master file it is still clear of contents

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , How to , PDF forms , Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 14, 2021 Jul 14, 2021

On your system set the file and the folder of the file as read-only.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 14, 2021 Jul 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On your system set the file and the folder of the file as read-only.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2023 Nov 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Dear Lord yes!   This is typical PC Microsoft distorted reasoning about what customers use the software for.  Maybe they could go to a seance and as Steve Jobs how to create Adobe.  Once you edit a master form, that is 'fill in the blanks', the Master Form should be saveable with the blanks empty!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines