• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

putting check mark boxes on forms

New Here ,
Aug 14, 2022 Aug 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I  create a form in Word. It has blank lines for the user to enter things if they want and two short columns of items with checkmark boxes beside each item for the user to check if they apply. (If it matters, I design the form in Word because I'm comfortable with Word whereas I am not used to using Acrobat to design an entire form from scratch.)

I move the Word document to Acrobat and click on Produce Form. The lines are selected and turn blue (as expected), but nothing happens to the checkmark boxes. I can select and click all day, but no response.

If the boxes would become 'blue" or activated as the blank lines do, I would then password protect the entire document except for those lines and boxes. And voila -- Be done!

So, please tell me from A to Z in little not-too-technical terms what I'm doing wrong and how to do it right. If it can't be done, I'd welcome any suggestions.

Thank you in advance!

TOPICS
Create PDFs , How to , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 15, 2022 Aug 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At Tools > Prepare Form you can add checkboxes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2022 Aug 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. Yes, that works beautifully IF I make an original document. However, my document is a bit too complex to completely retype the entire thing as an original Acrobat form. I've searched for that lovely little box containing a check mark, but it only seems to magically appear if I'm producing a form as an original document.

Does it exist anywhere else? I couldn't find it in Edit PDF or any other option or tool.

I don't know why Acrobat has to be so complicated and items/features buried under so many incomprehensible layers that you can't even find it in the help files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 16, 2022 Aug 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It exists at Prepare Form:

Bild1.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines