• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Putting mileage rate into a calculation

New Here ,
Sep 20, 2018 Sep 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help! I'm doing a monthly mileage reimbursement form and need to know how to put the mileage rate 0.555 into the calculation so it will multiply # of miles by the 0.555 rate.

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 20, 2018 Sep 20, 2018

If you have a field which contains the rate then you don't need to hard-code it. Simply use the Simplified Field Notation option under the Calculate tab of the Amount field and enter this:

Miles * Rate

If you want to hard-code the value, change it to:

Miles * 0.555

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sure that site is wonderful but it is not clear to me - I apologize, I am a beginner and this is the most difficult form I will need to deal with.

Maybe I can be more specific.

I have three columns - the first is called "Miles" the second is called "Rate" and the third is "Amount"

the rate is .555 and I want to multiple the miles * rate to get the Amount. Is there a way to put the rate of .555 into a code for this so the rate is a fixed amount?

Thank you so much for any help anyone can give me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have a field which contains the rate then you don't need to hard-code it. Simply use the Simplified Field Notation option under the Calculate tab of the Amount field and enter this:

Miles * Rate

If you want to hard-code the value, change it to:

Miles * 0.555

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2018 Sep 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Perfect! Thank you so much for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines