• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Question about Sanitizing Documents

New Here ,
Sep 01, 2022 Sep 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm use Adobe Acrobat DC to perform redactions. I have noticed that when I select Sanitize Document it doesn't remove deleted/cropped images and in order for those to go away I have to select "Remove Hidden Information." Can anyone explain why this has to be a two-step process? Shouldn't "Sanitize Document" remove all hidden data? Does anyone know if there is a work around to make it a one-step process?

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , General troubleshooting , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Daniel25914336f3at 

We are sorry to hear that. Please go through the help page https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/removing-sensitive-content-pdfs.html and see if that works for you.

Also, please share the workflow/steps you are doing at your end. A small video recording of the steps and the issue you are experiencing would be very helpful.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the response. Here are the steps I'm taking:

Step 1: Redact -> Sanitize Document > OK

Step 2: Redact -> Sanitize Document > Click Here (to selectively remove hidden information)

and this is a screenshot showing that deleted/cropped information was found in step 2 after the document was already scanned:

Adobe screenshot.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've looked at the link (https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/removing-sensitive-content-pdfs.html) and compared the lists for "Remove Hidden Information options" and "Sanitize document (Acrobat Pro)." I've compiled them side by side in the attached table. As one can see, "Delete or Cropped Content" as well as other options are not listed under "Sanitize document (Acrobat Pro)." Is it implied that this material is removed? From my experience it isn't removing this material, but I'd like to get a definitive answer as to what is going on. Any help will be appreciated! 

Sanitize document (Acrobat Pro)Remove Hidden Information options
MetadataMetadata
 File Attachments