• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Question: Is Optical Word Recognition possible in Acrobat?

New Here ,
Dec 15, 2022 Dec 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello- can anyone tell me- is there a way for Adobe Acrobat to not only do OCR- Optical Character Recognition (that takes one a long time to correct a large pdf file), but do OWD- Optical Word Recognition- (where the user is given list of options of possible words from a library of them), and if this is possible, is there a way for me to add my own library of words to that Acrobat program? Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved to the Acrobat forum from Using the Community

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't add your own library of words.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We don't know exactly what's the algorithm for Acrobat's Text Recognition function, but it's very likely it works at both the character and the word level, as it asks you to select the document's language when you run it, which would not be needed if the words are not compared to some kind of dictionary. But no, you can't customize how it works, or modify the dictionary it uses.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines