• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Questions for LTV display problems!

New Here ,
Dec 19, 2023 Dec 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm currently using a non-LTV timestamping service but when I open a file in Adobe AcrobatReader, it shows as LTV enabled. What could be the cause of this problem?

And I have one more question.

Using a same file and open it in Adobe AcrobatReader, one shows LTV enabled and other is non-LTV. this happens sometimes depending on the person, please let me know the cause of this as well.

Thanks for your help!

TOPICS
How to , Modern Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 24, 2023 Dec 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is an LTV-display?

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 25, 2023 Dec 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe the Op is referring to the long-term validity of the signed agreements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 25, 2023 Dec 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2024 Jan 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I checked them, but there were not enough information about LTV.

I want to know how the system decide whether or not a file is LTV available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 10, 2024 Feb 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Aoi35050081ungj ,

To learn how the system decide wether or not a file is LTV involves different steps from the moment the signature was created and assigning the required chain of trust mechanisms to the certificate-based signature at signing time.

Doing so, will ensure (or at least in theory) that the signed document will remain valid and verifiable past the lifetime of the embedded time-stamp of that certificate-based digital signature .

I would say that it is not the system that decides, but a series of standards and PDF specifications that define the mechanisms that will verify or enforce the validity of a signed document.

This is explained in more detail in the links that I am sharing below, in particular this discussion:

Which complements the second link that I posted earlier for the OP: Validating digital signatures, Adobe Acrobat and also complements this link: Long-Term Validation (LTV) of PDF Digital Signatures in Adobe Acrobat - SSL.com

See more in-depth information here:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines