• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Quick save postscript to folder

Explorer ,
Mar 31, 2022 Mar 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is it possible to save a postscript with one click to the "work" folder at the same level?

TOPICS
JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 31, 2022 Mar 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should be able to create a menu item (or toolbar button) that is connected to a JavaScript tha will export to the correct location. You will need to get the path of your current document (this.path) and then replace the .pdf with .ps, and set the correct output format and most importantly, set the correct conversion ID in Doc.saveAs() - also, make sure that you are using a privileged context: https://opensource.adobe.com/dc-acrobat-sdk-docs/acrobatsdk/html2015/index.html#t=Acro12_MasterBook%...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 01, 2022 Apr 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

doc.saveAs("work_vm/" + doc.documentFileName.replace(/.pdf/,".ps"),"com.adobe.acrobat.ps");

I was able to make an item in the menu, but I could not make a button on the quick launch bar, please tell me where you can find information about this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe I can make a hotkey for the script in the menu?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you havea  working menu item, you can create a custom command that executes that menu item (I have an old blog post that describes how t do that: http://khkonsulting.com/2015/04/create-custom-tools-in-adobe-acrobat-dc-pro/). A custom command can then be added to the quick toolbar. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In this article Thom describes how to execute a menu item with a real toolbar button: https://acrobatusers.com/tutorials/executing_menu_items_from_javascript/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines