"Adobe Acrobat.app" wants access to control "Systems Events.app". Allowing control will provide access to documents and data in "System Events.app", and to perform actions within the app.

Explorer ,
Jan 08, 2019 Jan 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anybody know what is causing this OS system (Mojave) window prompt on startup? I can't find anything online which makes me think it isn't legitimate.

I'm sure it's fine but it isn't clear what its purpose is and I'm not sure that I want acrobat to have access to system apps.

Thanks

Will

TOPICS
Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 24, 2019 Apr 24, 2019

Folks,

This is Apples new Security feature for MacOS Mojave.  Here is an article from Tidbits on the web that discusses it in a fair amount of detail.   Note,  in the article that it's not just Acrobat that will pop this type of message now either.

https://tidbits.com/2018/09/10/mojaves-new-security-and-privacy-protections-face-usability-challenges/

It's similar to Windows UAC (User Account Control) apparently.

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What exact version of Acrobat?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's version 19.010.20069.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Monoboy,

As per the issue description mentioned above, you are getting above mentioned pop-up on start-up on your mac machine, is that correct?

Would it be possible to share the screenshot of the issue with us? To share a screenshot here in the forums, refer to the steps given below:  Link: https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-7043#jive_content_id_How_do_I_attach_a_screenshot

Also, let us know mac os version installed on the machine.

You may also visit the following help document and check if you are getting similar pop-ups:

Apps display the licensing dialog box while accessing the Keychain | macOS

Thanks,

Shivam

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Shivam,

I didn't screenshot the modal window unfortunately. It has appeared on a couple of occasions immediately after system startup (Mojave 10.14.2). It has the text as described above, with 'Don't Allow' and 'Allow' button options.

Having searched my Keychain, I can find no reference to Acrobat. The app wasn't running when the message popped up.

it's probably nothing but I'd like to know just in case. I'll try a re-start to see if I can replicate it.

Thanks

Will

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 22, 2019 Jan 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also got this today when logging into my computer. It appeared as soon as I connected to the internet (Adobe Acrobat had already previously been opened and my computer had been sleeping). Im not sure what to click here. I have Adobe Acrobat version 2019.010.20064

Screenshot 2019-01-22 at 12.13.33.pngScreenshot 2019-01-22 at 12.14.49.png

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 22, 2019 Jan 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad I'm not the only one. Pretty much the same setup as me. Such a jarring message, it makes you think something untoward is happening. Somebody will know.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2022 Apr 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I received a message when trying to unisnstall Acrobot Pro 9 as it will not work with new Mac Monterey software.  I will be updating my OS and have used the Uninstaller. Do I say OK or Don't Allow? 

Screen Shot 2022-04-13 at 8.32.16 AM.png

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 24, 2019 Apr 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Folks,

This is Apples new Security feature for MacOS Mojave.  Here is an article from Tidbits on the web that discusses it in a fair amount of detail.   Note,  in the article that it's not just Acrobat that will pop this type of message now either.

https://tidbits.com/2018/09/10/mojaves-new-security-and-privacy-protections-face-usability-challenge...

It's similar to Windows UAC (User Account Control) apparently.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 25, 2019 Apr 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve,

Thanks for shining some light on this, it all makes sense now. No doubt this was explained during the Mojave installation but I just didn't register it. This is an excellent security feature from Apple. We can all relax.

Best

Will

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2022 Apr 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I also had a similiar event.  I am unistalling Acrobat 9 Pro from my Mac computer.  I get that Acrobat Uninstaller wants to access to control system event allowing control will provide access to documents and data in System events.  Do I say OK or Don't allow?  Later I will be updating to Monterey, but uninstalling known 32 bits. 

Screen Shot 2022-04-13 at 8.32.16 AM.png

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines