• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"An Internal Error Occured" when clicking on a PDF and Windows Explorer preview pane is showing.

Explorer ,
Sep 13, 2022 Sep 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Running Windows 11, up-to-date system and up-to-date Creative Cloud and Adobe Acrobat DC. I have my preview pane visible when going through my files, and sometime in the last 2 weeks PDFs no longer show up in the preview pane. Instead, windows explorer freezes for a few seconds and then shows an Adobe Acrobat "An Internal Error Occured" pop-up. I tried clearing out my temporary files, and tried creating a "2022" folder in C:\Users\(user)\AppData\Local\Adobe\Acrobat\ which was suggested in this thread. Neither worked. All other file types (.jpg, .doc, etc.) show up in the preview pane just fine. Any suggestions?

Screenshot 2022-09-13 134651.png

 

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Community Beginner , Oct 19, 2022 Oct 19, 2022

I FOUND A SOLUTION.

I had to go C:\Users\[me]\AppData\Local and right click the Adobe folder, click properties and go to security tab. I had a bunch of left-over "Account Unknown" listed besides my three main ones (System, [me], Admin). I deleted all the account unknowns.

That fixed it for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , May 08, 2023 May 08, 2023

This worked, for me! (thank god, what a pain in the a**)
I couldn't find the "AppData" folder, I ended up finding it by clicking "view", then "show" and then toggling on "hidden files".

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Nov 14, 2023 Nov 14, 2023

Me paso lo mismo, entre en la ruto que colocaron y le saque los permisos heredados y borre los los desconocidos y hasta ahora funciona

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 144 Replies 144
Community Beginner ,
Oct 31, 2022 Oct 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this issue as well, but I don't have any account unknown's listed. I do use two different Adobe sign-on's on this computer - so maybe that's the issue? I'm also the Adobe account admin for about 50 licenses.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 02, 2022 Nov 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Krista,

I helped another user who could also not find their Unknown accounts.

Make sure that you go type in "C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local" into the top bar that shows the filepath.

The Adobe folder in Local is not the same as in the Programs folder.

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2022 Nov 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am very dumb. I did not see the "And right click on the Adobe folder" part, so  I was trying to do it on the Local folder itself. I found some weird user names to delete, so hopefully that will fix it. Thank you! 

Krista26520851qyto_0-1667488715250.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 04, 2022 Nov 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh gosh, at least you figured it out.

I hope it worked.

Have a fabulous day!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2022 Nov 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

worked like magic!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 04, 2022 Nov 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amazing! After days of losing time to a freezing machine, I can work again. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2022 Nov 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Crossing all my fingers and toes!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 07, 2022 Nov 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Vurbis, did you get it fixed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2022 Nov 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Funcionou! Perfeito! Obrigado!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2022 Nov 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guguce_0-1668062205290.png

Tried, got that error! 😕 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 11, 2022 Nov 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why Adobe don't hire you man.. 😄

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2022 Nov 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me, too!

It had been dsriving me crazy for weeks -- I even uninstalled and re-installed Acrobat and Reader to no avail!

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2022 Nov 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YES, the max!! Looking so long for this solution! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 14, 2022 Nov 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much! It helped! I couldn't delete the last account, but after pressing Aplly button it has just disappeared! Now it's working properly, I can move files, and I even see preview in Windows Explorer. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 09, 2022 Dec 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm glad it worked, just keep an eye out, because some users report that the error returns after a while if they don't delete all the unknown accounts. To remove the last one you need to go into the "Advanced" settings and disable the "inheritance" and that should get rid of it for good. I've attached screen grabs to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2022 Dec 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!! This was driving me crazy on all my computers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 07, 2022 Dec 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fantastic. This worked for me. Thanks. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2022 Dec 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep this fixed it, well done and thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2022 Dec 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG, thank you!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2022 Dec 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're a legend

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 05, 2023 Jan 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To confirm, this fix doesn't work for all users - Adobe still needs to provide a fix

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 18, 2023 Jan 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNK YOU!

this is been bugging the S**T out pf my for the longest t-i-m-e!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2023 Jan 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fixed it for me as well, thanks a lot!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2023 Mar 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

I was getting crazy about this problem. At a certain point, it started to crash my windows explorer and I had to keep restarting the explorer every once in a while. Now it stopped. Tahnk you very much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2023 Mar 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! This is the only solution that worked for me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines