Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Associated with content" failed in Adobe accessibility checker

Community Beginner ,
Apr 08, 2019 Apr 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there.

I'm getting "Associated with content" failed when I run the Adobe accessibility checker. The documentation says:

Make sure that alternate text is always an alternate representation for content on the page. If an element has alternate text, but does not contain any page content, there is no way to determine which page it is on.

I'm also getting "Other elements alternate text" failed, which seems related. The documentation says:

This report checks for content, other than figures, that requires alternate text (such as multimedia, annotation, or 3D model). Make sure that alternate text is always an alternate representation for content on the page. If an element has alternate text but does not contain any page content, there is no way to determine which page it is on.

I don't understand this -- can anyone clarify?

Dave

TOPICS
Standards and accessibility

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 08, 2019 Apr 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Most likely you have Alt-text somewhere in the document, but it's not attached to any specific element that requires Alt-text, like a graphic. It's just kind of floating loose in the code.

Using the ORDER panel, look for an element that doesn't show up with a grey box and sequence number around them, which indicates that it is either untagged content or a deliberate artifact.

If the untagged content should indeed be read by the assistive technology and it needs Alt-text, then tag that element so that it appears in the tag tree and make sure the Alt-text is there, too.

If you instead want the untagged element to be an artifact, then delete the Alt-text on it because it's not needed.

See some Adobe help here: Create and verify PDF accessibility, Acrobat Pro

|    Bevi Chagnon   |  Designer & Technologist for Accessible Documents
|    Classes & Books for Accessible InDesign, PDFs & MS Office |

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines