• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Document could not be printed" & "No pages selected" Acrobat DC Pro (OS X)

Community Beginner ,
Jun 03, 2017 Jun 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat DC Pro has lost its mind. When I try to print some or all pages of a pdf file, Acrobat throws an error window "Document could not be printed" and then follows with "No pages selected".

I've been using my Mac's Preview app and it doesn't have any trouble.

What is going on with Acrobat?

I'm running OS X 10.11.6 and Acrobat DC Pro with all current updates.

From the support forums, it appears that Acrobat has had printing problems for some time.

Has anybody evaluated Master PDF Editor?

TOPICS
Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 03, 2017 Jun 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem.  I am using Adobe Acrobat XI.

The only thing that changed since the last time I printed was that my Windows 10 OS updated today.

As suggested in some earlier posts, I tried going to Edit>preferences and changing Documents>PDF/A View mode to Never, and changing Security (Enhanced)>Protected view to Off, to no avail. Under the help menu, I also tried updating (to version 11.0.20) and repairing the installation, again to no avail.

Any suggestions would be great - thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 13, 2017 Jun 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I appreciate your reporting your efforts. I have tried countless things to resolve this. Yet Acrobat DC Pro continues to throw errors and crash when I try to print.

A rather odd fact --- When Acrobat crashes, the document I was working on and entering comments, it, well, disappears! It is no longer listed in the "recent documents" list. It's like Acrobat wants nothing to do with it.

I have had to install another application to enable me to continue working with PDF files. It's sad that, after all these years, Acrobat is becoming its own worst enemy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 29, 2017 Aug 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem (Windows 10 - Acrobat DC Pro) while printing as well as saving to file.

What eventually solved it for me was uninstalling and reinstalling a network printer that we use at our university.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2023 Mar 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

submittted 3/14/23

Error Message: document will not print, reason: pages not selected. I have tried to select the the thumbnails with no results. 

I have been having the same problem with an Acrobat Pro subscripption. Only the PDF files will not print. The files are not prepress. They are simple black and white or color files. Any other file will print on my HP Office Jet all-in-1 (has been updated) OSX up to date. I am using an iMac purchased in 2014-Not a new computer. 

Why doesn't anyone respond to us?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines