• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Embed missing fonts" option not available in Acrobat

New Here ,
Jul 12, 2022 Jul 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to edit a PDF text in Acrobat but the font is not editable. I tried to follow this instruction:

To embed the font please try the following steps and check.

• Go to Tools > Print Production >  Preflight select the “PDF fixups” option and select “Embed missing fonts” and click the “Analyze and fix” button to embed any unembedded fonts.
  • After clicking Analyze and fix, you will be asked to save your new PDF document. Save it with the name and location you like. It will then automatically reopen in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC.
  • To be sure that this process has worked, right-click anywhere on the document and select Document
    Properties. You should now see the Document Properties Click on the Fonts tab. This menu should display (Embedded Subset or Embedded) after the name of each font. 

BUT, as shown in the picture, the option "embed missing fonts" does not appear.

How can I fix this issue so that I can edit my text with the same original font?

TOPICS
Create PDFs , Edit and convert PDFs , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 13, 2022 Jul 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Hope you are doing well and sorry to hear that.

Is this an issue with a particular PDF file or with all the PDFs Please try with a different PDF file and check.

What is the version of the Acrobat DC you are using? To check the version go to Help > About Acrobat and make sure you have the recent version 22.1.20169 installed. Go to Help > Check for updates and reboot the computer once.

Also, try to repair the installation from the help menu (Win Only) and see if that works.

Please try to reset the Acrobat preferences as described here https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/how-to-reset-acrobat-preference-settings-to-defau...

You may also try to create a new test user profile with full admin rights in Windows or enable the root account in Mac and try using the application there and check.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 13, 2022 Jul 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is not in library "Essentials". Choose a other library. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 02, 2023 Jun 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I follow all the steps but I don't have "Embed missing fonts” in my "PDF fixups" tab. I missing fonts in Adobe Acrobat though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2023 Jun 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The option is on Acrobat Pro DC 2015 Profiles at the top of the preflight pop-up. You're probably on essentials.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2024 Feb 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hopefully this will help someone else. I had to go and get the free trial of Adobe Acrobat Pro DC. Then when in that screen there is a dropdown (pictured). You have to select the dropdown and switch from "Essentials or Reader" to Adobe Acrobat Pro DC. Then, contiune following the steps above. 

Screenshot 2024-02-05 at 1.21.43 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 15, 2024 Mar 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

yes indeed. I get that 
but Analyze and fix is greyed out so I cant find out the problem but cant get it fixed.
All I want to do is embed the missing font 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines