• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"file path too long, please specify a shorter file name or save location that has a shorter path"

New Here ,
Mar 28, 2022 Mar 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have people who are now on Acrobat Pro DC but people on Reader are not getting this error. How do we resolve this issue?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where does you save the file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

they are accessing them on our file structure via sharefile 

Adobe issue.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2022 Apr 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My clients are having issues with "file path is too long" error. When is Adobe going to fix this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 22, 2022 Sep 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem:

EsJayKayToo_0-1663848653390.png

I have no way to change the destination, even when I cancel the "Send for Commenting" session. The error reappears each time, and now I can no longer set up a shared review. [Windows 10/Acrobat 2022.002.20191]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 24, 2023 Jul 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Although this is a bug that Adobe should fix...try setting up a different folder for your review--with a location that's not too "deep"--e.g. save it directly on the hard drive, or inside a folder on the hard drive (so the path to it is shorter).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 10, 2024 Apr 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now I'm getting the error with a rather short path, with only 44 characters. And I'm given no option to go to a different folder. I have to save it in a secure location and cannot save it to my desktop or C: drive. [Windows 11 Enterprise, Acro 2023.008]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 17, 2024 Apr 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

Hope you are doing well and thanks for reaching out.

Please update the application to the recent version 24.02.20687.  Go to Help > Check for updates and reboot the computer once.

Also try to repair the installation from the help menu (Win Only) and see if that works.

Let us know how it goes.

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines