"Merge to Adobe PDF" in Word saves all records to single PDF

Community Beginner ,
Apr 28, 2022 Apr 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is our conumdrum:

I do a daily mail merge using a Word template and a spreadsheet with data. I go to Mailings --> Merge to Adobe PDF in the Word ribbon. When the Adobe PDFMaker - Mail Merge window pops up, I specify that I want all records to be merged and the specify a file name. When I click OK it processes the .xlsx file, then prompts me to choose a place to save the output. Each "record" is saved as an individual PDF, which is exactly what we want. I want every row in the spreadsheet to have it's own PDF.

When a co-worker tries to do the same thing, Word opens up a second (or third or fourth) Word doc that shows merged data in the template. Each instance of Word has a name along the lines of Acro2547. When they click go to Mailings --> Merge to Adobe PDF and specify the same things that I do, a printer tile shows up down in the Windows taskbar and it asks them where they want to print to PDF. They select a place to save, and all records are saved to one very long PDF.

Any ideas?

I confirmed that she is signed into everything, Office and Adobe Pro are uppto-date, she does not have Print to PDF or Adobe set as her default printer. I tried looking through Adobe Pro preferences and through Word options, but I didn't see anything that looked related to this issue.

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?