• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Open with" Context Menu

New Here ,
May 31, 2022 May 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry if this is the wrong location to post this, I have Adobe Pro X installed, and recently upgraded Adobe Reader. Now I cannot open PDFs with Pro X from the right-click context menu. It does not appear, and even if I "choose another app," continue to "More apps," it doesn't appear. I can continue following the program selection to the "Look for another app on this PC." I know where Acrobat Pro X is located, but even if I navigate and select it, Reader still opens the PDF. This is not what I need. Why this would change after updating Reader is beyond me.

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I hope you are doing well. I am sorry for your experience with Acrobat Reader.

I could not check for any active subscription on the e-mail address that is registered with us over the community.

However, if you have updated the license to Acrobat Pro, you may uninstall the reader application if it is of an older version and install the one for which you have purchased the license: Find your serial number (adobe.com)

Once that is done, you will get the option to change the default for opening PDF files on the first run.

I hope this answers your question.

Thanks,

Souvik.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2022 Jun 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have NOT changed anything about my registered copy of Acrobat Pro X. All I did was to update Reader from (I think) 2017 to the latest, because the old version had an issue with electronic signatures. I had to update it to electronically sign some forms. After that, Acrobat Pro X no longer appears as an option. Guess I messed up trying to fix another Adobe issue!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe never supported having different releases of Acrobat and Reader. And now they don't support having both installed AT ALL - there is only one EXE which becomes Reader or Acrobat as needed. Probably messed up Acrobat X for good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can say what you want, I've both together for years with no issues. Until I updated Reader, that is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, just ininstalled Acrobat Reader DC and reinstalled 2017, and my context is back. I have to have both because I have to verify the signature blocks on forms I create will operate with 2017.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Now since the default open option is back, you can try installing Reader DC and work with it like you used to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's your OS version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines