• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"paste clipboard image as stamp tool" bug crops the image

Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2020 Nov 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I am using my macbook and using the "paste clipboard image as stamp tool", the stamp that is pasted into the document is cropped.

When I am connected to my external display and using it, it is not cropped.

This is a new bug that started recently.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 08, 2020 Nov 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After you stamp the PDF in your macBook, and send or share this fil, and open it in another computer, does the stamp appears correct or does it still appear cropped?

Also, does the problem persists even if you click on HELP--->>>"Repair Installation" ??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2020 Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your help.

Yes it does persists.

I couldn't find the "Repair Installation" button, but I pressed "check for updates" and it says that I am up to date. (I also reinstalled adobe yesterday and it didn't help)

Just to add more context, I am at the moment connected to my external monitor.

If I put the adobe on my macbook screen and paste from my clipboard I get a cropped stamp,

If I put the adobe on my external monitor window and paste from my clipboard I get the correct stamp.

This happens only with adobe (and not with google docs for example).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just noticed something else.

The problem happens while I put things into my clipboard (in mac it is using CMD+SHIFT+CTRL+4) while I am on my macbook screen.

If I put things into my clipboard while I am on the external monitor, and paste it while I am on the macbook screen, it looks fine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The link below is a long thread from an older post. 

A few users have posted different things that worked for them. One of them just user just posted recently some insightful information that may steer you in the right direction to troubleshoot your macBook.

See here: 

https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat/acrobat-window-is-cut-off/m-p/11574136#M284976

Also, if you suspect this is a bug, I would contact Adobe Customer care and open a support ticket.

You can also report a bug using this wish form:  https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I forgot to ask in which version of Adobe Acrobat Pro is this happening?

And which version of macOS do you have in the macBook?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 16, 2020 Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I will report a bug as nothing else worked

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 26, 2021 May 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had the same problem with no external monitor using only the macbook pro screen.

I solved it by pasting into Preview and then re-copying the image and pasting with the stamp tool.

Somehow the ctrl- cmd-shift-4 pasting directly into acrobat was getting cropped for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines